Opening support ticket

Guy Smith
Guy Smith Member Posts: 4 Member
edited 9:23AM in Kontakt

How in the Hell does one file a bug report with NI these days? I see noting on their "support" pages where I can notify them of a dead-looping problem in both Kontakt and Battery under Studio One 6.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,159 mod
    Answer ✓

Here is the link for N.I. Kontakt Support (You need to use browser with Cookie , Security and Extensions settings that will allow for log-in on the page for the page to work)

Scroll down to bottom of page N.I. Kontakt Support and log in

Then again scroll down and a blue chatbox should appear down right within 15 seconds

Then ignore suggestions and choose that didn't help when it did not and do that until you reach the describe problem stage and fill in description in one line to open ticket.

After receiving email confirmation then please allow support up to a week to answer and if they do not respond within a week then politely update your ticket to let support know that you are still waiting for a response. Also N.I. support do not work in the weekend.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    Answer ✓

Here is the link for N.I. Kontakt Support (You need to use browser with Cookie , Security and Extensions settings that will allow for log-in on the page for the page to work)

Scroll down to bottom of page N.I. Kontakt Support and log in

Then again scroll down and a blue chatbox should appear down right within 15 seconds

Then ignore suggestions and choose that didn't help when it did not and do that until you reach the describe problem stage and fill in description in one line to open ticket.

After receiving email confirmation then please allow support up to a week to answer and if they do not respond within a week then politely update your ticket to let support know that you are still waiting for a response. Also N.I. support do not work in the weekend.

• Guy Smith
    Guy Smith Member Posts: 4 Member

Thanks. I had started with the chatbot, but prematurely concluded it was unhelpful. NI should not hide bug reporting access under what on the surface looks like a 1st gen chatbot.

• PoorFellow

I had started with the chatbot, but prematurely concluded it was unhelpful.

Yes , the whole support interface often gives reason to confusion both in general and the with respect to the bot itself, people often feels like if running round in circles.

• Trismos
    Trismos Member Posts: 10 Member

And what if the chatbot won't open? All I get is a spinning wheel.

I own over 30 pieces of NI software but I can no longer simply open a ticket to have a problem solved, I will never buy another piece of software and anytime anyone asks me about NI and Kontakt I will tell them to go somewhere else, they have gone to ******. Customer support is THE most important part of any business.

• PoorFellow

Sounds as either a problem with the site or with your browser or it's settings , you need to use browser with cookie , security and extensions settings that will allow for log-in on the page for the page to work, some times deleting the cookies helps , else try another browser. Other than that then I will ask if @Jeremy_NI could please help you.

I suppose that your question is related to your question "Kontakt - says Studio Drummer Library Content not found. I was using it this morning. Why?" so maybe it's better to keep conversation there as to not us this thread on it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@Trismos Are you using an adblocker? Have you tried with another internet browser? These can interfere with the what box. Try disabling it. If you're not able to login, there's a dedicated link:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000427858-Account-Login-Password-Support-WIZARD

This discussion has been closed.