Kontakt - says Studio Drummer Library Content not found. I was using it this morning. Why?

Trismos
Trismos Member Posts: 10 Member
edited 9:23AM in Kontakt

I'm looking at Kontakt at the Library and all of a sudden Studio Drummer says "Library content not found". When I click on Locate, it shows me exactly where it is. If I look under Files in the browser, it's there, in the same place it's always been along with 30 odd other pieces of NI Kontakt compatible software. I was using it this morning. What is going on - and directly related to this, why can I no longer open a ticket with NI to get this resolved? It should be a plain easy thing to do to contact customer support and open a ticket. This chatbot thing imply sits there blank and what the heck will a chatbot do anyway but try and redirect you to any of a dozen or more possible solutions without dealing with my issue directly? I am going to try and solve my issue by asking here but I will NEVER buy another piece of NI software if this is the path they are going to take. Customer support is THE number one most important part of running any business.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

What version of Native Access are you using? there was an issue with 3.11 where instruments would disappear and users could end up with a similar issue as you describe. Pleasse make sure to use the latest version: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

The support syste changed a bit, if the chatbot can't answer your questions you'll be transferred to a human chat agent. Here's a small gif on how it works.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

It's looking for C:\Users\Public\Documents\Studio Drummer

Your path is…. C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Studio Drummer

• Trismos

Yes, but when I try Resolve Manually and point at the C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Studio Drummer path, it continues to give me this response without wanting to change. As you can see, the Browse for Folder window takes me to where Studio Drummer is, along with all the others I have - you can see Session Bassist and Sequis here - But it keeps telling me the path is incorrect and as you pointed out, because it's not looking down the right path any longer. How to change this back to the way it was. I didn't alter anything.

• Trismos
  • Trismos

I just opened NI2 again and it shows Kontakt as needing repair. When I click on this there is a Window that says Relocate or Reinstall. In Relocate it gives me the path where I have always put my VST 64 bit plugins. When I try and point it there again it tells me it's an Invalid Path - but again, that's where all my others are. Kontakt version 6.7.1 shows up as standalone as it always had and all the programs are there except Studi Drummer.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,079 Expert

What we really need to see is within Native Access: Preferences→File Management.

Post up a screen cap of all the directories listed that NA is installing to.

Including the all important Content Directory.

VP

• Trismos

As requested - a couple aside questions:

Why is there not a preference for VST3 and shouldn't Kontakt 6 .have a .dll file in the 64bit location below (it doesn't)?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,079 Expert

Thanks for the update - to your questions:

1. The VST2 directory is industry standard and it is expected that all vendors know this. In Windows it is a requirement to install to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

This directory is hardwired and does not need to be listed. Strong recommendation that you install all VST3 to this location.

2. Not exactly sure why Kontakt 6 is not in that 64bit location but I suspect you will have a VST3 version. YOu may want to check.

Finally - you can see that Native Access is listing your Content directory in a very different place from where you are saying.

C:\Users\Public\Documents

does not equal

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents in your first screencap.

If you want this ALL to go away fast - suggest you do some housekeeping - and find out exactly what is going on in this directory:

C:\Users\Public\

From Native Access - update the Content Location by clicking Browse and then specifically point NA to the correct folder.

Windows 10 Explorer is a bit odd in that if I go to this folder using it - it shows the folder like you see it (Public Documents) where is stitches the word "Public" in front of the word Documents.

But if I use command prompt and go right in there - the base folder is actaully C:\Users\Public\Documents

Another thing that is strange is in your first screencap (where you are highlighting EZDrummer) - that directory structure is vastly different from the screencap where you are highlighting Studio Drummer.

There is some major file misdirection going on here - which is exactly why I never use any suggested directories in Native Access - I specifically designate my own and manually point NA to them to avoid this kind of weirdness - especially when NA tries to use anything that is labelled Public.

Windows (internally) has some strange rules around this "Public" structure - which I must admit - I have never really understood. So I stay far away from it at all times.

VP

This discussion has been closed.