[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 54 Member

Just bought DMX, and going to get the others. Just a question: is there a way to make the audio previews play louder? They seem very quiet compared to when I then use my MIDI Controller and play the sounds directly in Komplete Kontrol.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Just check the level of your preview volume in KK. If you are using KK V2, you need to switch to the factory browser and it's bottom left, KK V3 its now always shown in bottom left.

• James Steele

Ahhh… switch to a factory sound first… that was it! Thanks!

• JesterMgee

Update: D16 Lush 2

Update to the Lush 2 library which fixes the multi-layer presets launching the VST2 version of the plugin. Mac users will note an error about VST migration when trying to load multi-layer presets. This is now fixed and launches correctly. To update just download from the link below and replace the existing D16\Lush2 preset folder, no need to update image/database files.

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/335

• James Steele

Hey Jason… just an early heads up. You probably are aware of this already, but just in case… looks like AIR Music has a public beta going on for many of their VIs… like Hybrid, Xpand!2 etc. The installers are here:

https://www.airmusictech.com/beta-download.html

They are now VST3, so hopefully at some point an update for the NKS libraries will be available. I installed the VST3 versions of Hybrid and Xpand2!, but not surprisingly the old library doesn't seem to migrate. Thanks so much!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
  • JesterMgee

Was not aware so thanks for the heads up. Air Music arent the best at keeping users up to date with things.

Wouldn't expect the plugins to migrate, most out there don't (only about 10% seem to if that) so hoping I can patch the files for VST3 but likely would have to recreate the templates so will have a look into what's possible. Was thinking those old plugins would never see VST3 support TBH.

• JesterMgee

Not looking good at all.

First issue is the plugin is not even opening within the KK window and this is the same for all of them.

Second issue is even if I update the VST3 ID in the files, they dont load the preset data so only fix will be a complete re-export of all presets

Third issue is the "report issues" link on their beta page doesn't work so cant report issues either.

So wont be investing any time in these any time soon.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

That isn’t happening with KK3 on Mac with Loom but not tested the others yet

• JesterMgee

Prob a windows thing in how these interfaces are drawn, there are other issues such as DB-33 doesnt have any browsable presets and I haven't bothered to check any other plugins. I will have to wait and see if a new beta is released later that may fix these issues.

• James Steele

Well thanks for taking a look. The only AIR plugs I have are Hybrid and Xpand!2. They open in KK 2.96 on Mac. I've resisted going to KK 3.x for now. The plugs have some issues with Digital Performer (or vice versa) where I can't open either of the two I mentioned as AU or VST3 directly in DP 11.31, although I hear VST2 works. Looks like AIR has a way to go.

• James Steele
    edited May 12

Actually I probably shouldn't have posted the direct download link page (even though it's pubic beta). If you actually "sign up" for their public beta here: https://airmusictech.com/beta-signup.html you will receive an email with the link to the download area I posted and it will contain a link to a page to report issues. It's not a very exclusive club. You get an autoresponder email with that info right after filling out the beta test form.

• JesterMgee
    edited May 12

That's ok, if it's on the net like it is it's public anyway. I have a few guys at "InMusic" I deal with so they know who I am and i've responded via email with the issue which they have said they will look into.

At any stretch, even with the bug fixed I will have to basically re-save all presets out again using the VST3 version then migrate the tagging data across from the VST2 library versions since that is where I spent countless hours deep tagging thousands of presets, ain't no way I want to do that again but luckily I have a way to move all tagging to a new library, exporting the presets is the simple part.

• James Steele

Oh… and GForce just dropped impOSCar3. ;)

• JesterMgee

yeah, I have a library done already however I’ve been working with them to solve an issue where the vst3 version of the plug-in makes no sound. Presets are all fine, just the plugin has an issue only in KK and Maschine (go figure) so they are working on a fix and I’ll release it once tested and ok.