My Maschine mk3 is triggering pad 11 randomly when I play... any suggestions?

Jurijone
Jurijone Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

When I play or record, my Mikro mk3 throws the sounds on pad 11 randomly into the mix... and I mean randomly. It is not happening after a certain amount of time or after hitting a certain pad. I am currently on MacOS 14 on both of my computers, but it happened on MacOS 13 as well.

MacBookPro M2 16 RAM // MacMini M1 16 RAM. Plugins and Expansions are on External 4TB SSD (Samsung T9)

Has anyone had this happening?

Best Answers

Answers

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 95 Helper
    Answer ✓

probably the issue it is with the sheet underneath the pads, my old unit used to have the same exact problem on pad 4, I been lucky I had still the warranty, so they give me a new unit (after a month).

I did a post in the community where I asked how to service my maschine mk3 there are some good suggestions in there, here's the link.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/19812/servicing-my-maschine-mk3#latest

• Jurijone
    Jurijone Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you, I asked NI about it, they gave me the whole rap how MacOS 14 is not compatibility tested yet and never suggested that there might be a problem with the hardware. Even after I told them this had happened on MacOS13 as well.

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 95 Helper

I don't think that is the issue, as I am on the latest MacOS and it all works fine so far.

it is most likely a hardware problem.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Answer ✓

D-One has a pretty good video on how to do the disassembly, cleaning of the MK3. While you're in there, might as well replace the contact sheet. If you do a google search for Maschine pad contact sheet, you'll find plenty of links. I'm reluctant to post any because I can't vouch for any of the sites so I don't want to recommend any of them over the others.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,109 mod
    edited February 27

Sonoma is not the issue but when you report problems and use something unsupported that's the normal tech support reply.

If you're scared of opening it then a trick I used to do is to lift the sides of the pads with a finger and wiggle the rubber around, it might help temporarily.

I would open it up and clean the sensor sheet gently with isopropyl alcohol. You can wash the Pads too if they're sticky, just make sure they are 100% dry when putting them back on. I doubt the graphite sheet is something that often needs full replacement, it doesn't seem like something that tends to break but if you see oxidation (due to moisture) in there where the PCB traces touch it then it's possible. Compare to my video to check if its clean, if the PCB itself looks dirty then you can also use IPA on it, just dont use any cloth that could get stuck and rip the traces, micro fiber is probably the best but do a quick google as I am not a PCB cleaning expert.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

You're right on the money there D-One. IPA (not the beer) and gentle cleaning, preferably with an ESD safe material. A soft ESD-safe brush for stubborn areas, and qtip-like swabs for general cleaning.