Arranger improvements

Comments

• Shed Maa
    Shed Maa Member Posts: 80 Member

I wish there was a section for General improvements but we need ability to mixdown our music as an mp3

• Eric Rabb
    Eric Rabb Member Posts: 41 Member

Remember the EMU XP7 or MP7? It’s was made in 2001, it has performance recording, and it’s awesome. This should be easy guys come on!

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 104 Advisor
    edited January 13

Setup: Maschine+ v1.5.1

As a Maschine+ user

I want to bugs be fixed, especially such annoying as the following one

So that i can boot M+, load project, press play and get flawless playback

As there is no separate thread for 'Overall stability improvements' ideas i suppose you wouldn't mind i post this link here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/125004/#Comment_125004

It happens during scene switching so i suppose it fits into 'Arranger improvements' thread just fine.

• saubr
    saubr Member Posts: 7 Member

a feature to flatten patterns structure into one single big pattern/clip/arrangement

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert

Interesting idea. Sort of an arrangement freeze. What would be your use case for that?

• Chris Shelving
    Chris Shelving Member Posts: 34 Helper
    edited January 16

- RENDER MIDI and AUDIO with 1CLICK or combination in Maschine MK3.

(NO AUDIO CUTOUTS IN THE RENDER!) TO RUN LIVE (render in the background).

- RENDER GROUPS in ARRENGMENT AND BE ABLE TO SEE THE WAVE.

- SEPARATE AUDIO LOOPS by STEMs :)

- MASCHINE MIX 

(another APP or concept for MIXING AND MASTERING).

obviously with MASCHINE HARDWARE MK3 :)

and above all WITH LATENCY COMPENSATION.

- MASCHINE VST3 in Ableton ( ENABLE COMPATIBILITY ) ReSTART / PLAY / REC / STOP

- MIDI FX!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!

- CHANGE!! BPM in SCENE or PATTERNs ( with ramps ) Vinyl OFF :)

- Improve all automation (TOOLs) to create rhythms and variation

• mc82
    mc82 Member Posts: 5 Member

Maschine could stand out by offering unique structural arrangement templates with helpful suggestions, a feature not found in other DAWs. Imagine collaborating with 3 or 4 established artists to create signature arrangements that users can build upon. While Logic has pre-made songs, Maschine could take it further with "Demo Projects" or "Arrangement Templates" in a side window (similar to Ableton's "help" section that opens on the right of the program window), providing an interactive and user-friendly guide to building a song. This additional window wouldn't alter the main interface, making it easier for new music makers to grasp arrangement concepts. My journey started with Maschine, but I explored other DAWs to learn more about automation, arrangement, and mixing. Now, I've come full circle, creating and arranging in Maschine and then refining in a DAW. This approach could streamline the learning process for many aspiring musicians and users new to producing, and keep them in the Maschine environment throughout their journey.

• macchinista
    macchinista Member Posts: 47 Advisor

Apologies if some suggestions have been already mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Consider that as an upvote from me.

• Horizontal list display of song sections. From this list, one should be able to edit each section, move up/down, delete etc. (similar to song mode in MPC)
    • Live record section changes
    • Global track for tempo and time signature changes
    • Global track for recording lock states which one should be able to name and color
    • Master track for recording master effects automation and do volume fades
    • Convert pattern to clip (you can’t do this from the controller)
    • Convert selection to one clip: now when you convert to clip, a new clip is created for each looping part of the pattern. This creates many copies of essentially the same thing with confusing naming and it’s hard to manage all those clips. With the proposed change, only one clip is created per group for the selected region
    • One should be able to name Sections from the controllers 
    • Proper audio tracks

• saubr
    saubr Member Posts: 7 Member

Nowadays i'm always struggling to be sure that I don't affect a my track by modifying two pattern at once.

I imagine building the track with the classic scene/pattern mechanic, and then when i will start the arrangement/detailling/automation process : flattening my build and start from the projection of all my pattern on the whole arrangement

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Bro just study music theory & composition in your spare time. It's easier than 8th grade algebra.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

@Cretin Dilettante the post you are referring to sounds as if the user does not know about the existence of example projects or the option to load Groups with patterns. I have to say in general across all of these ideas threads I get the impression many people never read any of the manuals or bothered to check if what they are asking already exists.

If I was a Maschine developer I would be very pleased with myself seeing that a significant part of the suggestions or requests are about things which already exist. As a fellow Maschine user, however, I'm massaging my forehead reading these ideas threads more than in any other area of the forums. It is unfortunate, because among all of this are some really advanced/fascinating concepts or wishes and I just hope they get the attention they deserve...

• CH7
    CH7 Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 19

We've been asking for Maschine/Ableton integration from day one. It really should have been easy for NI to produce an Ableton/<anyotherdaw> file with all the settings, and a button on the Maschine which, with one click, enables those I/O connections to the currently highlighted group. Boom.

Just drop the Ableton file to where you want it opened, and toggle a switch [or maybe two switches, for audio or midi routing] on the Maschine to enable those pre-prepared connections. Then leave the user to tweek at their leisure.

This discussion has been closed.