Dev Talks: Why We Transformed Native Access

Comments

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

This is great, thank you for doing the series again I can’t wait to see more!

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod

Hello,

thanks @Hayo_NI for all the insights, all requests i have are already here, like uninstall via na. I only would like to have an option, where i can automatically select products, that i had previously installed or i have installed on another computer. Even if it's just a list to export and import manually. I guess that would help many users with more than one computer - but this is not a high priority request.

• Thales de Paula
    Thales de Paula Member Posts: 83 Helper

Not if this area is correct but... 2 questions.

Does Traktor undergo a redesign from scratch on the issue of source codes? because 20 years with the same source code is complicated to implement new functions.

What to expect from new hardware for Traktor?

We have been waiting 10 years for a new mixer (battle mixer).

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 271 mod

Hey, yeah I'm definitely the wrong person to ask, sorry! Would love to give insight but it's not my wheelhouse.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro

Hey @Hayo_NI I would like to definitely support the cloud settings idea for Maschine, too, as there is for example the favourites db which I now manually back up on OneDrive.

To have it distributed over more than one installation along with versioning or some kind of restore function in case the db gets messed up (as is wont to happen, I gather) would be awesome.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited December 2022

which versions of Native access is fully working currently??

i ask this becos i have 3 windows PC's in which i use 2 native access accounts across all 3PCs, and each are in a different updated position..

On one PC i had native access 2.x installed which wouldnt work& required an update... and so i downloaded NA V3.x (which got stuck in a loop)which also didnt work, but upon installing NA 1.x it was working

So my question was.... which versions Native access is fully working at this point in time!!?? or should we expect more ongoing teething problems with the transitions?

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor
    edited December 2022

That’s an accurate answer and what I thought when I read the question of why Electron and not tauri :)

However, as a software and web developer myself I’d suggest to the team switcing to Tauri in the future! It’s very stable already (built upon Rust), and it also supports React, which means all the FE can be easily adapted to Tauri…

In fact, that’s what I did recently on one of my projects, and the resources used and speed of both apps is quite different! Just something to consider… ;)

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 133 Helper

hi,

It would be great if at the beginning of the Tractor installation.

you can choose which driver you want to install. Right now it runs silently in the background and installs everything.

I personally don't need either (S2Mk3)

Thank You.

• Hayo_NI

Yeah I've been hearing this come through recently a lil more often. It's definitely useful as a feature, though you're right, not something we'd prioritize now. Noting it down!

• Hayo_NI

Hey! If you're having trouble with Native Access, you can submit a ticket here. We have access to a fantastic dedicated support representative who keeps us informed on all tickets that come in from NA2, and helps guide us on the frequency that might be affected. They'll help you out!

• Hayo_NI

I'll let our Tech Lead know to take a look and see what he thinks! Thanks for the insight!

• Hayo_NI

I'll pass this on to the Traktor team! Can see how it aligns with our goals, would be interesting to see how we go about this!

• lahatte
    lahatte Member Posts: 92 Member

Please make it so that when installing a new library there is a prompt for the download and the install locations. The 'global' setting DOES NOT APPLY to every library to be installed. I organize my libraries by vender name folder, then library name. Your global install path is not helpful.

Thanks.

• Hayo_NI

Great idea. Having more control over your installations is something we discussed at one point, whether we want this feature opt-in or use the globals every time. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor

Check Tauri’s documentation, but basically you’ll be running through each OS’s native WebView instesd of running a whole Chromium app, which also reduces the bundled app size considerably! 👌

This discussion has been closed.