Maschine +/Software integration mess

2»

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2023

What the heck is that??? Did you remove that PCB from the M+ ?? Dang, you're a brave one.

The answer is no, well... "Maybe".. if you're brave enough to solder a m2 Sata SMT connector onto those PCB traces... I'd say the chances of that working are low since it prob needs activation on the OS, but maybe not.

I'd say if you're ok with the risk then do it for science! 🤣

Dang it... Now I want to try it. Why you gotta put these ideas in my head man...

• Alex Comp
    Alex Comp Member Posts: 39 Member

When I bought the device, I was sure that I would be able to fully use KONTAKT standalone. But now I realized that the speed of the sd card is not enough, usb 2.0 is also not enough, and then sata, there was hope. Now I'm working on tools for KONTAKT, THE GENTLEMAN - works well up to 15% of the processor, but SESSION GUITARIST - PICKED ACOUSTIC has braking, but not on all patterns. Can any of the experts have information on the sata machine +?

• Alex Comp
    edited January 2023

This is what's inside, if anyone is interested.

GenuineIntel       

°  L i n u x  5 . 4 . 1 7 7 - r t 6 9 - y o c t o - p r e e m p t - r t  # 1  S M P  P R E 

E M P T _ R T  S u n  F e b  6  1 6 : 3 0 : 4 0  U T C  2 0 2 2  x 8 6 _ 6 4   processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 92 model 

name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E3940 @ 1.60GHz stepping : 10

microcode : 0xc cpu MHz : 1792.800 cache size : 1024 KB physical id : 0 siblings : 4 core id  

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2023

I asked them to clarify 100 times if the SD reader is USB2 or 3, but they avoid the question for some odd reason, not sure whats the point of hiding it. The speed shouldn't be the main problem for instruments tho, ram size is prob a bigger hindrance? not sure.

Did you hack The Gentleman to work? That's awesome.

Yep, that's spot on accurate. The specs do list USB3 but I think NI isn't using it for some reason here: https://www.congatec.com/en/products/qseven/conga-qa5/ There's spec PDF's listing all capabilities.

BTW, where did you pull that info from? I think it's the first time someone mentioned yocto here.

• Alex Comp
    edited January 2023

When it crashes, a file is created in Native Instruments /Machine 2/Crashlogs/ .dmp , this information is from this file.Board with a processor under a metal plate. Apparently conga-QA5 .

• maxmatteo
    maxmatteo Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2023

ahhh we are getting somewhere...

i see some uart pins, did you try dumping the serial output?

as we know congatec qseven modules are pin compatible, and they released a newer QA7 version with Elkhart Lake intel cpu. so theoretically swapping the compute board is douable and would at least double the processing power.

comparing QA5 vs QA7:

@Alex Comp how did you get gentleman to run standalone?