[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• Cakean
    Cakean Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Yeah no color or light with the script. But they still work fine in both keyboard and pad/drum mode.

Alright cool! I look into python programming and see what I can do.

Maybe something from the official Native script can be used if it it's possible to de-compile it with uncompyle6. Also sent a ticket to Native for source but it'll probably be ignored.

Anyways no problem and cheers!

Cakean

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello,

It is a strange issue, could you please check the Controller Editor template if it is applied as shown in the installation guide?

It would be great if you could send me the Log.txt file, so I can take a look at it.

Live's log file can be found here:

• Windows - \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\Log.txt
    • Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Log.txt

Thank you!!

• Cakean
    Cakean Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Yeah sure, I'll send you a message with it.

Tried a bunch of other scripts I found as well but they might have been messing with yours so i removed them but no difference. Even added CC to the knobs and it still held up. Controlling volume and panning.

Also: Any thoughts on remotify and their Control Surface Studio?

Seems like they streamlined the coding process for Ableton and Python but I'm not sure if it's a good alternative to coding in something like Atom. The software is a bit expensive if you ask me but hey. If it works then it seems quite useful.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Thank you for the Log.txt file you have provided!

I've seen about remotify before, thank you for the suggestions so far :)

I will let you know about the issues during this week or weekend.

Thank you a lot,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello everyone,

As a progress update regarding to a new release, v1.6.0, here's a brief overview of the closed issues and changes to be released, shown below:

There are yet some issues that need to be fixed:

The new release will provide many bug fixes, but also new functionalities, thus the version bump has to go from v1.5.1 to v1.6.0, instead of v1.5.2.

Please let me know about any suggestion, feature request or issue.

Best,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello @Cadian and @Cakean

I am looking at the Log.txt that you both sent me, different issues, will put these issues under high priority for the next v1.6.0 release.

I am sorry for the late reply/update to both of you and thank you so much for your co-operation into solving this issue together.

Cadian's issue regards to script crashes while building the drum rack and DRUM mode is active (adding/removing new pads/chains).

Cakean's issue is the color issue on pads but they work fine when you press on them. I never had this issue on MIKRO MK3.

It would be a good idea to check the Controller Editor template and reapply it from the latest release (v1.5.1 at the time of this writing). You have to disable "pages" on the Controller Editor and focus/select the "E" page for the pads (the page where the PAD 1 starts with C3 note and PAD 16 ends with D#4).

Best,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Several "DRUM mode"-related crashes have been fixed and to be part of the v1.6.0 release.

Most of them were occurring when there is at least one empty chain out of the 16 visible drum pads and actions were being made for empty pads, for example SELECT + PAD (MIKRO MK3 only), or when trying to get the color of the empty pad chain causing crashes as soon as DRUM mode is activated.

Thank you to all for reporting these issues and for Log.txt files provided.

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello everyone,

Just a quick roadmap/update about the next release v1.6.0, would be mostly about bug fixes and crashes, especially related to DRUM mode, but also introducing new features.

If everything goes well and as planned, you can expect this new release to be published within April, together with the updated Controller Editor template, Changelog and User Manuals (PDF and interactive web app).

Please let me know about any improvement, issue and suggestion :)

Best,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello everyone,

The v1.6.0 release is planned to be released within this month, so here's a quick look at a changelog that I've prepared recently, about the already-implemented features, changes and fixes, though this might be subject of change.

Thank you everyone,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello everyone,

I am glad to announce the new release v1.6.0 for MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 script for Ableton Live 11.

MASCHINE PLUS integration/support is added starting from this release.

User manual (PDF and also the interactive web-based one) is also updated.

You can download the zip file for this release at any time from your Gumroad account.

Please see Changelog for the latest changes and stay tuned for next updates.

Let me know about your suggestions and questions.

Best,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

I think the script already has a considerable amount of functionalities, enough to make a mini-course YouTube videos with parts explaining all the functionalities and tricks, but this doesn't mean that the development stops. I continue and planned new exciting modes and functionalities for this script for upcoming versions!

I will soon consider to start directly with making these videos, as before I was developing the interactive user manual, in parallel with the script development.

If anyone wants to make videos about the script too, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Elton

• lao ma
    lao ma Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I have not the time and no experience to do some videos but i could imagine, if there are some good videos about the script, you might sell some more copies! I'm pretty sure you would and hope so :)

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Thank you, you're right!

I need to focus also on sharing the script on other places, i.e.: YouTube, not only to give the users video explanation about the functionalities, but also to help the script to be known on a wider audience. It would help and motivate me to contribute more time to the script and to buy MASCHINE MK3, in order to add support for other buttons, screens, encoders, etc.

• Cadian
    Cadian Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Elton! Amazing work with 1.6! Every issue i was having has been resolved. I do not have a large following (or any following) but I could try make some videos to display different functionalities of your script with the maschine mikro. I will have a think about what information I would like if I was watching the video!

Thanks as always, blown away by how much more useful my mikro is now!

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Thank you so much for all the appreciation and kind words!

It would be very much appreciated and please let me know if I can help with anything!

I will also try to make videos soon, while working in parallel for the v1.7.0 update.