[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Comments

• benwadub
    benwadub Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

hello, does someone did a video of the script in use? I plan to buy it but I d like to see it before purchasing. if someone got a link for a demonstration that could be cool! no need of an in depth demonstration but a general overview would be appreciated!

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor

Hello,

I apologize about my late reply,

I already planned to make video tutorials and tips & tricks for using the script, which I'm going to work on it soon, together with the new upcoming release.

To everyone who wants to make YouTube videos about this script, please feel free. It would be much appreciated.

I will let everyone know soon when the videos will be published from my side.

Thank you!

• lao ma
    lao ma Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

seems to be quiet good, thinking about buying it! Any plans on integrating knobs and more of the Maschine MK3?

Best,

Maze

• s44j4n
    s44j4n Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2022

Hi Elton,

Happy user here, all is well on Maschine +

Two requests for future update:

1. Use of knobs to control device parameters in Ableton. This would be huge and a perfect use of the the hardware. I don't know if it is possible but also displaying corresponding device parameter names/values would be equally useful.
    2. LED feedback on the pads. I don't know if this absence is unique to Maschine + or not, apologies.

Thank you and good luck

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

I am planning to add support for the big knob to control device parameters, unfortunately I only own the MIKRO MK3 Hardware, but I am planning to buy MASCHINE MK3 too, in order to extend the functionalities to support the knobs, screens and other buttons.

Thank you!

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

I am planning to add these functionalities for future updates or even better I was planning to create a separate script for MK3/MK3 PLUS.

I have to buy the hardware soon.

Thank you for the suggestions!!

• lao ma
    lao ma Member Posts: 4 Member

Cool! Already bought it and like it. Sometimes i seem to have a problem with Drum Racks. Suddenly can't hear anything. Next time i have this, i will look deeper at it so i can give more Details. Keep up the good work. Native should give you at least a massive discount on a Maschine :)

Thank you

Maze

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind appreciation and feedback!

Please let me know about the issue, I am aware of some script crashes while on DRUM mode, which I have been trying to solve and release for the upcoming update, together with new functionalities, etc.

Thank you in advance,

Elton

• Cadian
    Cadian Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2022

Hi Elton, I've been experiencing some drum mode issues, eg can't solo or mute any pads etc, and I was just wondering if there's any way I can help you out? Can send over Ableton logs or anything if it would be of any use to you!

I am not experienced sort of stuff but would love to help if I'm able to ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks as always, super super work!!!

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

Thank you so much for your great feedback!

It will be well appreciated if you could send me the Log.txt file.

Thank you in advance!

• dpopescu
    dpopescu Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi @Elton Memishaj ,

Just bought the script but unfortunately I'm not able to make it work. I have Ableton 11.1 on Mac OS 12.0.1. I've installed the template for Maschine MK3 and copied the scripts. I also did the settings for the control surface. The template shows up on my Maschine but when I press something nothing happens. Not even the transport controls work. Any ideas?

• dpopescu
    dpopescu Member Posts: 2 Member

Managed to get it working. Apparently you have to select "Maschine MK3 Virtual Input/Output" for Input and Output in Ableton. Selecting "Maschine MK3" doesn't work. Works like a charm now. Awesome job :). If you manage to get the screens working as well it'll be better that Ableton's Push :P

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

I am glad that you managed to get it working :)

Thank you so much for letting me and MK3 users know!

For the screens support, encoders and other buttons, they are planned for future updates, I have to first own a MASCHINE MK3 Hardware, as I only own MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 one.

Best,

Elton

• Cakean
    Cakean Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello, Just got the script. Great work btw!

I can't seem to get the colors to work on my MK3 though. I'm new to the threads as I've had the Maschine lying around unused for a few years. The Ableton workflow workarounds I've found have never stuck as I always found it more cumbersome than workflow improving. But now it sparked my interest once again as I found your work so I'll continue reading and following this thread.

As for the screen I was wondering what your thoughts were on the official Ableton 11 script Native has. It has the most basic functions. Way too basic but it still has the screen working with the rotary knobs for volume and you can see the mixer working similar to what it does with the Maschine-software. The shift button als works for using Undo and Redo + Quantize while also highlighting the pads while holding shift.

Would it be possible to tweak the official script? Or combine it with yours perhaps? From my understanding this is only for the MK3 so I guess you wouldn't be able to test it.

I'd love to learn how to make scripts and help in any way I can. What knowledge and learning material was necessary for making the script?

Thanks,

Cakean

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

Do you mean the pads do not receive any colors when used with this script?

I am considering to add screens support in the future, possibly to create a separate script for MASCHINE MK3 exclusively.

The most important skill required for developing Ableton Live Control Surfaces scripts (or MIDI Remote Scripts) is Python programming language.

Thank you in advance into solving your script issues together,

Elton