[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello Scott,

Yes, you are able to use the hardware in MASCHINE mode as a plugin, also switch back and forth from MIDI mode to MASCHINE (plugin) mode from the hardware using SHIFT + MASCHINE ICON button combination.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Elton

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing great and healthy.

It has been quite some silence from my side, regarding to the script development and news.

Unfortunately, the development have been temporarily paused again, about the new release.

I would also appreciate any feature request or idea for new additions or changes that you would like to see in the new v1.7.0 release.

I've been fighting for a long time with the Fixed Velocity must-have feature, but also got some other ideas in mind.

Please let me know about any suggestions, question or request and please rate the script at Gumroad, as it would help me a lot.

Thank you everyone,

Elton

• Papito
    Papito Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hello Elton,

I read the other day that you were planning on making a video about your script. I'm sure having a demo video would benefit you by bringing many more costumers.

I'm one of those people who are thinking about buying it, but these days 30€ is not exactly cheap, at least not in my financial situation. Being able to see how the script works in a video would definitely make me more confident about buying it.

If I'm wrong about there not being a demo video please link it in a comment.

Thank you very much.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

I have been postponing the video tutorials and demo & the development recently, mostly due to my current work load at my new job position.

Currently, I do not have any ETA or a timeline but I will notify everyone about these news.

In the meantime, you can take a look at the interactive user manual over at this link:

Please let me know about further questions.

Best,

Elton

• 610Problem
    610Problem Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Can I just get a detailed mac installation guide?

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

The installation is similar to Windows, you have to apply the Controller Editor Template provided from the script zip file and to Copy & Paste the "Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160" folder to your Live's "User Library\Remote Scripts" (if "Remote Scripts" folder doesn't exist under "User Library", please create a new folder and name it "Remote Scripts" and then put the "Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160" folder inside).

Restart Live 11 and open Preferences, under MIDI you can find the "Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160" option in the "Control Surface" dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Best,

Elton

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    Options

Thanks for putting this together but $30 is waaaaay to steep of a price to charge for a script that could become superseded at any point if NI releases their own script for free.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    Options

IMO this will never happen because they have not enough devs and other priorities. However you can make your own script and share it for free.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding to the script and its price tag.

The development of this script took more than 1.5 year, challenges, customer support, yet have a lot of work for new functionalities and possibly some marketing-related during this year.

I don't think that $30 is too much for significantly improving the workflow, which would save time when making beats and help you get creative with the Scale and Note Repeat features, for instance - which would lead to making beats faster and/or better, so the script would pay for itself very fast this way.

I've seen other products, for example utility tools or sample managers, which have similar price tags.

This script is supporting 3 different hardware and offering deep integration with Ableton Live 11, interactive user manual, free updates, support and continued development.

I would want to help you with a discount, in case you are not satisfied with this price tag, however :)

Best,

Elton

• ectoplasm88
    ectoplasm88 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

That is pretty generous of you @Elton Memishaj . I really appreciate what you've put together here and it is DEFINITELY worth the 30 dollars. I do realize though that we are all on different budgets so that is really cool you are willing to work with the community. I don't think there is much of an appetite for NI to take this on nor for Ableton. NI wants you to just use Maschine software + hardware and Ableton wants you to buy their Push hardware.

• satkins19
    satkins19 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hey @Elton Memishaj , thanks for the cool script and hardwork you've put in. This is definitely going to make my workflow a lot easier. I just went through the full list of commands on the User Manual and there's a couple things that seem to not be working properly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but if you could fix this for the next update that would be awesome, please and thank you. Im using a Maschine Mikro Mk3 with Abelton 11 on a Mac OS by the way.

Features not working

1) Tap Tempo

2) Metronome Toggle

3) Seems like all of the Shift/Restart Command Short cuts are glitchy... for example Undo will sometimes Undo 2 or three steps or will move notes around, wont undo quantization properly etc.. Also the Octaves and Semitones will move multiple ocatves, jump multiple semitones, or not stay in scale as stated. Nudge doesn't follow the Grid Value on Abelton... etc.

4) Change Root Note Feature

5) Scrolling Up and Down in Rows of 4 on drum rack

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know. I think Features 1, 2, and 3 would be the most benneficial to helping our workflow. I know you're busy but if you get a chance to fix those, I wouldn't mind paying for that upgrade.

Also quick side note, 2 buttons/short cuts I hope to see in the future as well would be a "Back to Arrangment" shortcut key, as well as separating the unsolo/unmute all button (So Shift + Solo = Unsolo All) and (Shift + Mute = Unmute All). This would help when mixing and you want to unsolo multiple tracks without activating unwanted tracks in the mix.

Anyways great work so far, thanks again.

• satkins19
    satkins19 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Update to post above.... 1 & 2 are actually working I was just using the wrong button, I was pressing the Tempo button when it is actually the Tap/Metro button. My mistake.

Features 3 - 5 are still giving me an issue though.

• DrumsOrKeys1st
    DrumsOrKeys1st Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

This has come a long way. Excited for its future. This script has saved me from selling my Mikro. I appreciate your work.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the late response,

Could you please send me the Log.txt file via personal message, so I could take a look if the script crashed, regarding to issues 3-5?

Live's log file can be found here:

• Windows - \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\Log.txt
    • Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Log.txt

Thank you in advance,

Elton