Is there an easier way to drag midi out of Maschine into Ableton?

Rollo
Rollo Member Posts: 23 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Is there an easier way to drag midi out of Maschine into Ableton? Right now the only way I see is to set each sound to the same channel and then manually go through each one and transpose to separate notes in order for it to correctly drag over. This is quite convoluted so I was wondering if anyone had a quicker method. Thanks!

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Assuming it's a one-shot drum Group just right-click it and select Batch Convert >Sounds to MIDI Notes. Using notes instead of MIDI channels makes it easier. Depending on what you want to do you might also need to adjust the input settings, it's explained in my Cubase Guide, the relevant parts apply to all DAWS, its basically this:

(start note should be C3 in most cases)

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Assuming it's a one-shot drum Group just right-click it and select Batch Convert >Sounds to MIDI Notes. Using notes instead of MIDI channels makes it easier. Depending on what you want to do you might also need to adjust the input settings, it's explained in my Cubase Guide, the relevant parts apply to all DAWS, its basically this:

(start note should be C3 in most cases)

• Rollo
    Rollo Member Posts: 23 Member

Aha! Thanks! I will try that, much appreciated!