Reaktor 6 Crashes Upon Launch After Reinstalling?

Simdrew1993
Simdrew1993 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Would anyone here be willing to help me please? I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

About a week ago, I accidentally uninstalled Reaktor 6 in Windows, in the uninstall a program settings, which was a big mistake. I own Kontact Komplete 13 and later bought Komplete 14 Standard so I own Reaktor 6.

I went to the Native Access App and reinstalled it but it no longer works at all, it now crashes whenever I try to launch it.
I've even tried to load the Reaktor VST versions in Reaper as well and that too crashes.

I've tried launching the standalone program and the vst's both, all crash. I've uninstalled all 160 Native Instrument Programs I own, and reinstalled them all fresh again, and it is still crashing.

Reaktor 6 is the only one not working. As soon as I try to launch it, it crashes and displays a critical error message (Image attached)

What's even worse is my remixes I've been working on depend on Reaktor, so they now can no longer boot up without crashing, I've attached the crash logs too. I couldn't open it or understand them.

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,826 admin
    Answer ✓

Update on behalf of the OP: It seems like Reaktor was not entirely uninstalled before the OP ran the Uninstall Reg Tool.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod
    edited September 16

It is nearly impossible to find a solution here, because those crash logs (you can open them with Notepad by the way) can only be fully understood by a developer.

From my experience i can tell that there is a serious incompatibility with some other software, or some wrong registry settings or that a "key" file is missing, but i can not provide more specific info (neither the majority of users here, i believe).

So, what you need to do is that you must contact with Native Instruments Support, here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000950237

You have to be logged in, then use the chat box on the right side, describe your problem briefly to the chat's A.I. After few questions it will connect you to a real person or, if no one is available at that time, it will open a support ticket for you. Through this, you will get in touch through your e-mail with the right person who will help you with your issue and provide you a solution.

• Simdrew1993

Alright thanks. I've done as you suggested and messaged support. Hopefully someone is able to resolve my issue.

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

You might try to uninstall reaktor with native access. Then use CC cleaner to remove the leftover registry entries for reaktor. Then reinstall reaktor within native access. CC cleaner is free but then they offer a pro version which I have no use for. It available thru Window, shouldn't be hard to find.

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

I found the link,

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/xpfcwp0sqwxm3v?launch=true&mode=full&hl=en-us&gl=us&ocid=bingwebsearch

Look in tools for registry cleaner, run that and it comes up with an option to save the existing , do that, I usually just let it clean everything after that. These are the types of things can cause crashes. Sometimes programs grab an obsolete registry entry and poof. Don't go into the registry and try to edit anything your self unless you know what you are doing.

Later

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,826 admin
    Answer ✓

Update on behalf of the OP: It seems like Reaktor was not entirely uninstalled before the OP ran the Uninstall Reg Tool.

• lilpil
    lilpil Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

The Win updates seem to be breaking Reactor. On attempting to reinstall, NA says invalid files path though nothing changed. No alternate path is accepted. NA sees files that are uninstalled as "there". where the PC does not; and cannot "repair" or reinstall. I am locked out of all NI apps by this. Was building at a rapid pace, now forced to other tools. aarrgh

• Simdrew1993

Here's a copy of my email response of my solution that worked that I provided NI Support to add more clarification and I've edited it to add more details. I seemed to have problems because of windows, and it could not run the Registry Tool. Here's my email response when I was able to resolve the problem, also the Native Access tool doesn't seem to reinstall all files properly a second time.

========================================

Hi there, it's me again. So I've got excellent news! It was certainly Windows causing problems with Reaktor 6, although I noticed a small issue with Native Access not installing all of the required files either. I'll explain it in detail because if anyone else has this issue with Reaktor or any other Native Instruments in the future it may help. 

I started by typing msinfo32 into my windows search, and bringing up the System Information tab in Administrator mode, then it displayed an error and told me I couldn't view system information. Which I thought, that's odd. It said
    "Cannot Access The Windows Management Instrumentation Software Windows Management files may be moved or missing" 
    So I looked into it, and I found an article about this on Microsoft's website, I did the CMD commands in this windows article, solution 1 worked for me:  Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows - Microsoft Community) On this page I followed 1 of 2 solutions)
    EDIT: I cannot add links here otherwise I'd share it.

I restarted my computer and that seemed to fix the error and my information came up. Doing this also fixed the errors with loading the NI Diagnostic tool, that works now too. 

And for Reaktor 6, I made a mistake I ran the NI Uninstall Reg Tool first before uninstalling Reaktor 6 thinking I already uninstalled everything and I hadn't yet. And I noticed something interesting. Native Access detected the registry gone when I clicked Reinstall and instead of just installing the files automatically like it normally does with a repair/reinstall, it launched a full Reaktor 6 Installer and it installed a few more files that it normally doesn't. So I'm thinking it wasn't downloading everything in Native Access when clicking the reinstall option for Reaktor normally, but when the registry was gone it launched a Reaktor installer and it installed a few more files that it normally doesn't I believe. So thought that was pretty interesting and could be a possible solution for some of the Native Programs. Use the registry tool, delete the registry of corrupt program, then reinstall in Native Access and instead of just reinstalling the files automatically it seems to open a windows installer for the program instead. Thank you for all the help! I'm happy to have it working again. I'll be able to work on my video game remixes again, thanks again! 

~ Andrew