Am I the only one who needs a 'drone' or sustained note mode in the sequencer?

Options
Rilkecat
Rilkecat Member Posts: 45 Helper
edited May 2022 in Maschine

I still could not find a way for having an endless drone in Maschine. Did you?

It is useful to create, to jam around, to compose or even for sound design. Apparently it is something so simple that brings a lot of joy.

Some sequencers simply allow that: any MIDI note that exceeds the loop length keeps sounding, and will not be retriggered if it 'overlaps' with an attack.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Seqsual
    Seqsual Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

You are not the only one, two methods I am using are:

• long sustained note/sequence recorded on very high BPM and then played at very low tempo;
    • patch made with Reaktor blocks (even a simple one like in the image below) sending MIDI to Maschine.

• wetdentist
    wetdentist Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

drones would be met with open arms by me, as well

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

You could make a drone instrument ensemble in Reaktor and use that?

I also think you can already make drones with the included Reaktor Factory content. Try PRISM, for example, I think that one had some droning patches.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

In case you didn't check it out, you can find Space Drone included in the Reaktor Factory Library R2 (Navigate via Browser > Instruments Section > 1st Encoder "All" > 2nd Encoder "Reaktor" > 3rd Encoder "Space Drone").

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 64 Helper
    edited May 2022
    Options

I add a sound to a group and then play the sound and hold the sustain pedal down. With the pedal still held down and the note continuing to play I can then switch to a new group and let go of the sustain pedal and the sound will continue to play allowing me to add additional sounds in a different group and play on top of the continuous playing note(s) on the previous group. It will continue to play until you go back to that group and sound slot and press the sustain pedal again.

• Analog Sol
    Analog Sol Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

+1 I’d like this too.

my work around has just been adding more attack and release to the ADSR until the note/chord feels like one constant without a loop point. Not ideal, but helps a little

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

Thanks for the tip! Never tried this ensemble before, it's awesome 👍