I just bought full version of kontakt 7 for GGD and it times out, SUPER FRUSTRATING!

Options
Xander18
Xander18 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I just spent $150 to get a drum VST and then realized I needed to buy kontakt 7 so it didnt time out every 15 minutes. I'm not too computer savvy and new to producing. I use logic. Can someone please help me? I'm getting very frustrated i can't get into contact with anyone whatsoever from NI. I need to know how to fix my timing out problem as I only got this to use my drum VST and nothing else and I can't even do that. If somenoe could please help me out in a simple manor i will forever be grateful.

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Then exit Native Access and try the trouble-shooter here : My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access , especially '2. Your activation fails because of corrupted or missing activation tokens' and '3. You have corrupted XML files' (delete both NA XML and offending Kontakt product XML) , then reboot computer and check if that fixed the problem !

If the above doesn't help then try Jeremy_NI's latest 'invention' : the replacing of the XML file.

Quote Jeremy_NI :

It looks like the Native Access.xml file downloaded by NA is damaged/incomplete.

In this example it is missing the Kontakt 7 entries, please try the following:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again.

If this doesn't work, please download this zip file, unzip it and and replace your xml file with this one.

NativeAccess.xml.zip

If that doesn't help either then contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

At the page N.I. Native Access and Installation Support be sure to scroll down to page bottom to see if there is a log-in request , if there is then log-in , at next page again scroll down and small blue chat box ought occur within 15 seconds. Then write in chat box and when getting suggestions then select did not help when it didn't , that ought to bring you on to either chat with human or open a ticket.

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here

Answers

• Xander18
    Options

^I did buy the full version of kontakt 7

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,150 mod
    Options

Hello,

if you open native access do you have kontakt 7 full already registered? Does it show up as registered?

• Xander18
    Options

@Uwe303 I dont think so. I'm not sure how to fully register it. I did buy it though. Is there a way you could tell me how to fully register it?

• Uwe303
    edited April 30
    Options

I guess you have native access already installed cause you said you get a time out. So you also already have a native account. You simply open native access and click on "add a serial" then you enter the serial and you should be fine now and kontakt should be now the full version. Also have a look here under "dark version"

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/213178109-How-to-Register-a-Hardware-Software-Bundle

• PoorFellow
    edited April 30
    Options

You do not tell where you bought the Kontakt 7 but if you bought it directly from N.I. then should be able to see any serials connected with your account on the MY PRODUCTS, SERIALS, AND DOWNLOADS page , listed as either Not registered or as Registered Products. Also the serial could be listed in any emails that you got from N.I. , please check emails including spam folder.

Then take the serial and add in the Add Serial down to the left in Native Access-

Any purchase of Kontakt 7 ought to have given you a serial that you can fill in in Native Access.

• Uwe303
    edited April 30
    Options

I found out that you maybe don't need the full version of kontakt, you just need to register your ggd drums as described above!!! Maybe you can give the serial back if you don't have already registered it. But of course a full version has some advantages, you can then use many great free libraries. For example for the one kid wonder library it says:

Kontakt Player Library (with full NKS integration) and can be used with Kontakt’s Free Player – no need to buy the full version of Kontakt to use GGD!

• Xander18
    Options

@Uwe303 It won't matter that I already added that serial number to the demo of kontakt 7? Also thank you so much for your help

• Xander18
    Options

I registered the serial when I got GDD. It lets me play for like 15 minutes then it cuts out. Did I put the serial on the Native Instruments app instead on the Native access app?

• Xander18
    Options

it still seems to be doing it.

• Xander18
    Options

It has been registered this whole time, Still times out with a loading screen and doesn't come backout of the loading screen

• Xander18
    Options

@Uwe303 ..

• PoorFellow
    Answer ✓
    Options

Then exit Native Access and try the trouble-shooter here : My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access , especially '2. Your activation fails because of corrupted or missing activation tokens' and '3. You have corrupted XML files' (delete both NA XML and offending Kontakt product XML) , then reboot computer and check if that fixed the problem !

If the above doesn't help then try Jeremy_NI's latest 'invention' : the replacing of the XML file.

Quote Jeremy_NI :

It looks like the Native Access.xml file downloaded by NA is damaged/incomplete.

In this example it is missing the Kontakt 7 entries, please try the following:

Delete the Native Access.xml in the following location and restart your computer and open NA

Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Repeat until the missing products reappear/the products in demo recognise their activation again.

If this doesn't work, please download this zip file, unzip it and and replace your xml file with this one.

NativeAccess.xml.zip

If that doesn't help either then contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

At the page N.I. Native Access and Installation Support be sure to scroll down to page bottom to see if there is a log-in request , if there is then log-in , at next page again scroll down and small blue chat box ought occur within 15 seconds. Then write in chat box and when getting suggestions then select did not help when it didn't , that ought to bring you on to either chat with human or open a ticket.

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here

• Uwe303
    edited May 1
    Options

All that's said above + you have two products unregistered, maybe more, yanquin and retro machines MK2, after you sorted out your issue you can add them to native access and will have a few instruments more. Also the kontakt factory library 2 (also great stuff in there) is missing but I guess that's coming after you made all the above steps

• Xander18
    Options

@Uwe303 Thank you guys very much. Solved my problem in a timely manor. Yoy guys rock.

• PoorFellow
    Options

And thank you for reporting back and reporting that the issue(s) have been solved !