Unable to log into Native Access after updating the app (on 2020 M1 Macbook Air Sonoma 14.4.1)

Options
jchan53
jchan53 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I've tried re-downloading and re-installing the app and changing my password, but every time I'm in the "setting up native access" window for the new app, it goes into "checking authentication" and then prompts me to log in with my Native ID. When I do so (with my e-mail and new password, which works on the site), it shows the "unable to log in" message in the window. Is there something wrong with the server? Am I missing something?

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,156 Guru
    Options

Did you check the knowledge base as it asks? There's a solution given.

• jchan53
    Options

Yes, I did. The solution offered did not help me.

• jchan53
    Options

The "knowledge base" simply links to a page that tells me to delete the app and re-install, which, as my post explains I did (based on the knowledge base's advice).

• johnthemiracle
    johnthemiracle Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I am having the same computer and the same problem. The same software version fo Native Access works flawlessly on my MacStudio, though. Well, maybe it's a bit slow, but it works.

They just released a further update of Native Access which will fix the problem with the login, but which gets stuck at loading your sounds for some reason. Other users have been patient for 30 minutes and after that period of time their sounds actually loaded. I am not that patient so I consider the software broken. I am in touch with NI support. We will see.

• Bruce MacLeod
    Bruce MacLeod Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Same problem here. Hangs at the "Unable to log in" window. The link to the knowledge base solution does not solve the problem.

Mac studio, Ventura 13.6.1.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

Some folks have been saying to run NA as admin. That does not help Mac users, but I thought I'd toss that bit of info in here just in case.

• hrybowicz
    hrybowicz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same here on M1 MAX Mac Studio Sonoma 14.4.1. Followed instructions in to support link - same problem.

• jchan53
    Options

So it's been 7 days and I still haven't heard back from customer assistance. Still unable to log in.

• NicolasViana
    NicolasViana Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hello guys, same problem here since a few days ago.. no solution from the customer assistance?

• jchan53
    Options

Nope - nothing from customer assistance. I'm going to go on Reddit's NI forum and see if anyone has any idea there

• NicolasViana
    NicolasViana Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Got an answer:

-We have been experiencing an issue with Native Access since the last update. 
    Until it is fixed, can you please downgrade to Native Access 1?-

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4748946468497-How-to-Downgrade-Native-Access-2-to-Native-Access-1?source=search

• jchan53
    Options

Thanks, I'll try it out