NTKDaemon installation issue

Options
Saweczek
Saweczek Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

When trying to install Native Access 2, I am being blocked by this message:

"A more recent version of NTKDaemon was found. Installation will quit."

I have already installed NTKDaemon and re-installed Native Access 2, but it's still not working. What should I do?

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,610 admin
    Options

Hi @Saweczek it sounds like you might have uninstalled Native Access 1 properly. Can you please try following the steps in this article?

How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Windows Computer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,215 mod
    edited April 26
    Options

Assuming that you are on Windows as suggested by your profile page ! :

Did you try to uninstall NTKDaemon from Windows apps if there ?

Else then exit Native Access and then try uninstalling both Native Access and NTKDaemon using Windows app uninstall and then run the NI reg tool and remove anything Native Access and NTKDaemon .

If there is a problem uninstalling NTKDaemon (like if more minutes pass and the un-installation appear as not going anywhere) then open task manager and kill the NTKDaemon process.

After you have removed the NTKDaemon and run the reg tool then restart computer and after restart check to see that the NTKDaemon is not running. Then download newest version of Native Access for your OS and install that !

If that doesn't help then you will have to clean the installation deeper for traces of Native Access and NTKDaemon including files on disk!