DJ mixer for 2x X1, Maschine Mk3 and external synth

Options
ivi apricot
ivi apricot Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi there,

I have been been super inspired by a masterclass by Chris Liebing.

I have been using the Maschine MK3 with my Arturia Minibrute 2S synth but I have just been messing around and having fun with.

I now want to integrate my Maschine to a DJ set up and so some live performance.

I was looking at adding 2 Traktor X1 controllers (or the Xone K2) as my players, and I wanted to add a 4-channel mixer (the last channel would receive the input from Maschine).

I checked online and I could not really find any advice on a cheap DJ mixer (I was looking at the Numark M6) that would be fully compatible with Traktor.

Am I right to believe that any USB DJ mixer is MIDI mappable with Traktor?

If not, can anyone recommend a good Cheap DJ mixer?

thank you

šŸ™Œ

Best Answer

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    edited April 6 Answer āœ“
    Options

There is no cheap and analog mixers. Unless it's a Behringer.

Another question - you know the difference between the mixer and a midi controller? And yes, any midi controller is mappable with Traktor. K2 and x1 can be used as a controllers to control Traktor decks. But k2 have audio interface and it can be used as an virtual dj mixer for Traktor application too (controls not only decks to play-pause songs, but filters and volume faders.

Answers

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    edited April 6 Answer āœ“
    Options

There is no cheap and analog mixers. Unless it's a Behringer.

Another question - you know the difference between the mixer and a midi controller? And yes, any midi controller is mappable with Traktor. K2 and x1 can be used as a controllers to control Traktor decks. But k2 have audio interface and it can be used as an virtual dj mixer for Traktor application too (controls not only decks to play-pause songs, but filters and volume faders.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,404 Expert
    Options

I like my Xone 96 :)

Also a lot of artist do like the model 1.

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 103 Advisor
    Options

Xone PX5 works and sounds fantastic with two D2