Fresh install, windows, review your location preferences??

Options
Matthew Read
Matthew Read Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey all.

So I've freshly installed Windows 10

Download native access.

I have a license for traktor 3.

I try to download traktor through access.

Installation failed: review your location preferences??

Everything is default.

Initially I did download traktor trial thinking I could activate it.. imported all the old files from my old setup in documents/native instruments folder but forgot it was activated through this access program.. assuming this folder dump may be the problem, so proceeded to uninstall everything, remove those folders and try again.

after a bit of searching I found the

NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip found in support.

This did what it did, after I uninstalled the trial version.. but didn't sort this issue out.

Is something broken?

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,813 mod
    edited March 17
    Options

If this is a new Windows installation and you have not had anything Native Access up and running then it ought not be a problem to clean the installation from N.I. stuff.

Make sure that you logged in as an Administrator with full access to all directory/file locations used then uninstall all the N.I. things using uninstall and check if anything left in App installed list in Windows. When all removed then use the reg tool that you downloaded to remove anything N.I. , Native Access , NTKDaemon , everything.

Then delete the Native Access XML file , look at section 8 here : My Product is Missing in Native Access

Then reboot computer

Then try downloading the NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 and install it as an Admin and run it as an Admin ! , if changing Download and Content location then be sure that destinations have plenty of space and that there are plenty temporary space too for installation and that there are no old files from previous download and install neither in download folder nor at Content folder !

The try and see if that helped get rid of your problem !