Continuous sustain pedal still works in opposite way

Options
Robert Johan
Robert Johan Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I have tried to connect my Yamaha continuous sustain pedal to my S88 mk3. With all the settings according the manual and calibrated. It seems to work, but regardless of whether Invert mode is on or off, it still works in the opposite direction. What did I do wrong

Tagged:

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,971 mod
    Options

This is all the information that I have (The Quote includes links) ! If none of this is of use then you will have to ask either NI support or Matthew_NI !

Quote Jeremy_NI :

We know it's a pain point for some. The issue is being worked on. I'm not sure what can be addressed by software or firmware update. For the time being, we would recommend a sustain pedal that has a polarity switch. For half damper pedals we would recommend the Roland Dp-10, with the extra configuration steps above.

Here's a lit of pedals we tested and that are fully functional:

Sustain Pedals: M Audio SP2, Fatar VFP1, 25Fatar PS-100, Boss FS-5U, Casio SP-7

Expression Pedals: Moog EP 3, M Audio EXP, Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-5, Boss FV-300L

Hakf Damper: Roland DP-10

Quote Jeremy_NI :

For the DP-10, there are a few extra steps.

The switch mode works out of the box. For continuous mode to work, it requires some steps:

• calibration works “the other way round”, when the hardware asks for “Move the pedal all the way down”, do nothing, then when the hardware says “Move the pedal all the way up”, press the sustain pedal
    • after that it sends out continuous data on CC11 
    • after changing the MIDI CC to 64, it works and recalls as expected

There is a discussion over here ! And , quote : "half-pedaling works like a charm on the S88 mk3 using the Roland DP-10 pedal."

Also : How to Configure Sustain / Expression Pedals on Kontrol Keyboards

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Robert Johan What model is it exactly?

• Robert Johan
    Options

My Komplete kontrol is a S88 mk3 and my pedal, is from Yamaha, do not know the model, but I have got this with their stage piano P120.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Robert Johan I see, have you made this pedal work with any other keyboard than the Yamaha? Do you have more specs about the pedal and it's wiring, maybe in the user manual?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,971 mod
    Options

Problem could also be a defective polarity switch. Does the pedal still work with the stage piano P120 and if it does does it then switch to reverse function if you switch the switch ? Like Jeremy_NI suggests try the pedal with other keyboards !

• Robert Johan
    Options

@Jeremy_NI The pedal works properly on Yamaha P120 still. unfortunately there is no type number on it but in looks very similar to Yamaha FC3a (you can find it on the Yamaha site) with a stereo 6.3mm jack plug. I will test the pedal on another keyboard later today