Can't activate Kontakt 7 / Native Access is messed up

Options
madmanX3920
madmanX3920 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I just opened a project in Logic today and realized that Kontakt 7 was running in Demo mode. I clicked on "Activate", Native Access opened, but nothing happened - still Demo mode. So I closed and re-opened Native Access to check if there was a Kontakt 7 update or something else. Nothing. So I re-downloaded Kontakt 7, hoping the problem would go away. Nothing changed. I got a notification that there's an update for Native Access, so I updated to 3.9.0. And that's where things got really bad.

As soon as I opened the updated version of Native Access, half of my NI products showed as "Demo" and a lot of products appeared to not even be installed (although they are). I own Komplete 14 Ultimate, so there a quite many. Kontakt 7 was one of those "not installed" products, too, but I could open it, unfortunately again with the message that I'd have to activate it.

Can someone from the NI please reach out to me, I'm in the middle of a project (composing for a documentary) with a deadline, so I NEED THIS TO WORK ASAP.

And yes, I granted all NI apps full disk access, I restarted my mac, I tried using the standalone apps (same problem), I tried using Kontakt 6 (same "Demo mode" problem), etc.

Please, I'm really desperate...

Best Answer

• madmanX3920
    edited March 8 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks guys! I finally found the following guide, applied step 2 and 3, and got things working again:

"My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access"

However: still quite weird, I didn't update anything (neither my macOS, nor Logic or any NI software) and this problem randomly appeared.

Answers

• madmanX3920
    Options

Oh, I also re-downloaded and re-installed Native Access from NI's website - that didn't change anything either.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    edited March 8
    Options

Quote : "Can someone from the NI please reach out to me, I'm in the middle of a project (composing for a documentary) with a deadline, so I NEED THIS TO WORK ASAP."

The only one N.I. here that would maybe be of help would be Jeremy_NI , but I do not know if he is here today and otherwise the only way to get in contact with N.I. is by using support and that's not exactly speedy !

EDIT ! : 'Ping' removed due to user reporting issue solved !

• Wegsie
    Wegsie Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited March 8
    Options

@madmanX3920 almost the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Lost a day of productivity. Finally got it working again by resetting theXML file as per following guide (step 8 assuming you are on MacOS)

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000166958-My-Product-is-Missing-in-Native-Access

• madmanX3920
    edited March 8 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks guys! I finally found the following guide, applied step 2 and 3, and got things working again:

"My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access"

However: still quite weird, I didn't update anything (neither my macOS, nor Logic or any NI software) and this problem randomly appeared.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    Options

If you are using your setup for a living then it is very highly advisable that you backup your setup when it works every time that you have changed so much that you do not want to have to do it all all over again ! (Also , one ought always have at least two backups available , the present taken and the previous? , in case one finds out that some problem, that escaped ones attention prior, have sneaked into the present backup !)