Why are there 2 different shortcuts available, and the '64-Bit' one isn't the one on desktop?

Options
Guitarbinge86
Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 47 Member

When I install a program, there'll often be a shortcut made on the desktop or when I click on the "windows" icon; I can see the newly installed and create one. I realized sometimes there's another shortcut available in the "recent". (ex. I installed 'Maschine 2' and it put a 'Maschine 2' shortcut on the desktop. I later realized under "recent" there was an icon also for "Maschine 2 64-bit"... If I click on "file location" they both take me to the exact same one; so are they different or is it just how they are named??? If they are different, then should I go through 'program files' and find any '64-bit' named icons to make shortcuts? Any help would be great. Thank you

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,217 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There's only a 64 bit Maschine now and like you say both are the same. The "64 bit" label is a throwback to when there was a 32 bit version as well. I'd guess that there's still an entry in the installer that needs changing. Komplete Kontrol 2 has the same "64 bit" label on one of the shortcuts.

-- Mike

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,217 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There's only a 64 bit Maschine now and like you say both are the same. The "64 bit" label is a throwback to when there was a 32 bit version as well. I'd guess that there's still an entry in the installer that needs changing. Komplete Kontrol 2 has the same "64 bit" label on one of the shortcuts.

-- Mike

• Guitarbinge86
    Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Sounds good. Thanks again for the help.