How can I give Traktor Pro 3 to someone else ?

Options
toto91
toto91 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I purchased this software as a gift for my brother. But he already has a native access account and i bought the software with my own email adress...

I tried to use 'transfer license' mecanism but it seems it is not the right way since there nothing to transfer in my account according to the automatic answer on the website.

I have not downloaded the software (of course).

Thank you in advance, i hope i am understandable enough

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    edited January 2
    Options
  • toto91
    edited January 2
    Options

Thank you very much for your answer

I confirm that i see the software on my account, to be accurate I see the link to download the software. My purchase is done, i could donwlad the software (but i don't want to, since i want to give it to someone else 😬)

I did try to use transfer license but it did not work for me... Maybe you know why i have the following message:

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    Options

If you bought and registered the software to your account in the last 60 days transfer isn't enabled unfortunately. I guess that's so you can't register multiple accounts and get lots of Xmas vouchers to buy software and immediately transfer it to your main account.

-- Mike

• toto91
    Options

Ok Mike I understand, thank you for your answer.

So if i want to give the software before these 60 days, i should ask for a refund on my account and buy it on the other account.

• Sunborn
    edited January 3
    Options

Maybe you see the software on your account, as "Not Registered"?

If so, i'm afraid that you have to register it first, before you are able to transfer it.

You do not have to download it and install it, just to register it!

To do so, click the link next to the software. It will take you to another page to download the Native Access software. Install it, open it, and login. Then, at the left-down side you will see an option, "Add new serial". Add your serial there, a message will display "registered successfully". That's all. Do not install the software and exit. Finally go to your NI account at the website. Now you will see the software as "Registered" and you should be able to transfer it. Unless if Mike is correct, but i can not see a similar warning somewhere.

Note: after everything is done and if you are not going to buy something for you in the future, uninstall Native Access, as it will have no use for you. Good luck!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,798 Expert
    Options

@toto91

Even if you register Licence to your account, you will not be able to use usual way to transfer for 60 days. It is still possible to transfer it even within this period, but you have to open the Support Ticket.

So, IMHO, you may skip registering licence to your account and right away open the ticket at NI Support Pages. NI should remove Licence from your account and make it free to register to a new account.

• Sunborn
    Options
  • toto91
    Options

Thank you for all your answers. I already have a ticket at NI support page so i suppose my problem will be solved soon !

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    Options

@toto91 If the serial hasn't been registered in Native Access you can just use it on another account without doing any licence transfer. I did that a while back when I bought stuff on the wrong account. If you've registered it then you have to do a licence transfer.

-- Mike

• toto91
    Options

@mykejb

I have not registered the serial yet. How can i "see" the software to download on the other account? I should use the serial number maybe but is it really possible only with this number ?

• toto91
    Options

Ok i gave the serial number to the other person and he has downloaded the software successfully.

Thank you again for all your answers

Toto91