Native Access - Q4 Update

Options

Comments

• nico5
    nico5 Member Posts: 49 Helper
    Options

I would really like to be able to hide (make invisible) undesirable upgrades in Native Access (like software and library versions that need hardware or software I don’t have).

Interestingly enough, this has been available with Izotope’s installation manager for a long time already.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 285 mod
    Options

Hi, apologies for being absent, I got sick for a bit and will extend the QnA portion to make up for it.

To address your points:

1. Sonoma is on our priorities. We're updating out testing environments as we speak to make sure we spot anything alongside our manual testing.
    2. So we've conceptualized a Show/Hide feature. I don't think a general show/hide functionality would help in the case of subfilters, as that would become quite complex to manage, but if you don't want to have a product be marked as available, then I can imagine you wouldn't want it visible to you at all. It sounds like being able to version-lock your products in Native Access would be something that'd solve other conditions. I'm interested to see if you agree with this assertion, to help me see if we're navigating into the right direction with this feature?
    3. We removed it to drive people to the Product Details page. In 2024 we have plans to add more content to that page, and release notes are part of that. We wanted room to be flexible in how we adapted it, but after making the change we pivoted to urgent maintenance efforts instead, leaving the feature not getting the love it deserves. Having a means to access the release notes with 3 different ways we found a bit excessive as well. This is not to say we couldn't undo this, and I very much welcome this feedback. We'd prioritize this a lot higher if we'd receive comments beforehand. This is the first I've heard of this since. Just giving it some context. Talking to the team next week and sharing this feedback and seeing what we can do.
  • mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    Options

Ideally both KK2 and KK3 should be available in NA. That way when people load KK3 and find they don't like/need it reverting is much easier than searching through forums for the KK2 download link. Of course, proper side-by-side installation would be the ideal solution, but I'm assuming that because that wasn't considered at the start it can't be easily added now

-- Mike

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited October 2023
    Options

I don't think making NA aware of your hardware is a practical approach. Too many variables would need to be checked with each launch of NA. Instead make such a system check part of a installing function perhaps.

And a general Show/Hide of products would also be helpful in this desire. A user could hide the stuff they know won't work on their systems.. and also hide stuff they have no intention of ever installing.

iZotope has an excellent implementation of product show/hide in their portal.

• SlySk
    SlySk Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

+1 on that.

I really enjoy those posts, transparency is the only way my trust will be restored, as long as there are some results too ofc, but it doesn’t have to be huge if we know where all of this is headed. I wish we’d see the same kind of transparency with other products, especially Traktor hardwares and softwares.

Keep it up, eager to see the new updates and the next quarter post. Best of luck!

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 32 Helper
    edited October 2023
    Options

Would love to see entire NI product library on Native Access, especially the smaller vendors. Uninstall support is very nice.

However dont forget to add smooth library migration UX as the next step (anyone using Steam knows how superfast game library migration between SSDs can be if the client supports it, that experience works flawlessly today). If you manage some external SSDs this is critical especially the 20GB+ libraries so please add library migration UX. It is the logical next step after uninstall is supported on all products.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

About NI knowing what we own:

They should already be able to know it, without even analyzing anything in our computer. Through registration.

It would be also an ulterior incentive for users to register their softwares/hardwares, something companies are really interested in.

All of this plus…our beloved NTK Daemon constantly running in our computers. Isn’t this what it is all about? Gathering informations

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 393 Pro
    Options

A small thing, but can we please have more contrast on the installed button. I can't see any advantage for anyone in making it so difficult to read, especially in light mode.

There seems to be a tendency in certain areas of NI to not consider readability, which does rather beg the question of why?

• TapTapDoubleTap
    TapTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Hope you’re feeling better. :)

On the point about release notes, I’d really like to see them in NA2. The reason I want to read them is because I want to know what has changed - is it bug fixes or new features? When did it drop?

If there are new features then a link to a product page - landing on the right place - explaining what they are and how best to use them would be useful. But what happens with so many plugin makers is that you land on a page that either doesn’t have the information at all, or it’s hidden somehow and it takes ages to answer that really simple question about what has changed. And if it’s just some bug fixes then I really don’t need my laptop to fire up a browser and take over the screen to tell me. Basically having them elsewhere is slightly irritating.

• glyngad
    glyngad Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi all, does KK no longer work with Cubase 12, it was working fine now it is no longer working at all, tried reinstalling KK and my Cubase 12 Elements to no avail. Cheers Glyn.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

To be honest…some release notes are already in NA (at least v1)

You click on the product icon and some infos for that products appear:

Edit: reading other posts I start to think they removed it in new versions?

Bad move.

Ok…here is a second beforehand comment

• dub one
    dub one Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

As a long time Traktor/Z2 user in my opinion a new, four channel version of the Z2 would be a no brainer. Something like the mixer for the S4 but with no controllers. A lot of turntable users out there that don’t wish to use smaller control surfaces are left turning to third party mixers. I adore the feel and quality of the Z2 and would love a similar stripped down four channel version for my Rane 12s

This discussion has been closed.