36 hours to download Choir Omnia?

Options
Octouser
Octouser Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Native Access

Hey!

I bought the Ultimate collection some years ago. Now I bought an upgrade to 14. Downloading the BIG files is exhausting and not good for my patience. 36 hours to download Choir Omnia and as we speak Action Strings 2 is on it's 4:th hour. Several errors saying "Not connected" - I am connected! and "Installers server/service issue please restart Naive Accsess" or whatever. Please let me (us) download the files externally away from Native Access for crying out loud! At least the "biggies" as Choir Omnia, Action Strings 2, Mysteria et. al. Too long download time and too many errors. I have all "agents" installed and activated. I'm directly connected with cable to my router (no WiFi). This problem is at your side NI. Please fix asap! Mac Studio Max here.

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,075 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

good that you are not connected via WiFi but, i guess you know it yourself, the bandwidth is determined by your internet service provider and the path to a native server and it's upload capabilities. Have you tried to just let it run, sometimes the duration get's much shorter than predicted. You can try to raise a ticket and contact native support, only they can give you a download link for big libraries.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,762 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Would great to have alternative downloads available, maybe even using BitTorrent for larger libraries?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,075 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

good that you are not connected via WiFi but, i guess you know it yourself, the bandwidth is determined by your internet service provider and the path to a native server and it's upload capabilities. Have you tried to just let it run, sometimes the duration get's much shorter than predicted. You can try to raise a ticket and contact native support, only they can give you a download link for big libraries.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,762 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Would great to have alternative downloads available, maybe even using BitTorrent for larger libraries?

• aidenstunes
    aidenstunes Member Posts: 165 Advisor
    Options

Run away, get a refund as soon as you can. Choir Omnia's installation problem is a single among too many others. These ruse, people don't even offer support, especially not via Email. Just run away.

• Octouser
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks Uwe. I'm very familier with routers, isp's and what to do and not. I let it run and yes, most of the <8 GB downlaoded just fine during my sleep. Yet again... Lores (74 GB) has just now 34 errors since 9 o'clock this morning. I'm at 53 GB right now and still errors and restarting Native Access 2 and even rebooted the MAC once and then. Well, I'm getting there. Only three "biggies" to go for. This is not good NI. You should consider to let us download in other way. Especially those over 10 GB. Frustrating is the word right now.

• Octouser
    Options

Naa... Everything bigger than 8 GB is a problem. I'll stay put. Thanks!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

In past, NI did provide Google Disc download links for big ISOs on request. I have got two for that time trouble some Kontakt Libraries from K13U CE.

Would be great. Even better than Google Disc. Even in Prague there are locations (mainly in city centre that is protected and it is difficult to impossible to dig and lay new cables and so....) one may have ADSL 60 mbit shared line with 1:20. I cannot imagine to install K14U CE on such a internet connection. We speak about capital city placed in centre of Europe, not rural location in third world country!!!!

• Octouser
    Options

This NI thing is not a good solution. Today I had to restart Native Access several times. "Lores" started this morning at 9 am. 9 pm it started to install (with errors). This is the last NI Ultimate I ever bought. Good luck in Berlin. You just lost a customer.

• Scoops
    Scoops Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options

@Octouser said "You just lost a customer".

I'm leaning in that direction as well

A Fabfilter/Spitfire solution seems to be much more stable than NI/Iz

Not that I won't continue to use what I own, just won't continue to update

• Octouser
    Options

Sorry Scoops for late "reaction" on your post. The retirement of S-series Mk 1 was the last "bullet" the fired. No more NI for me - at all. Sad.