Trying to install 14 ultimate collection on external drive and running in to multiple problems.

Options
simako111
simako111 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello,

Im trying to instal my 14 ultimate colection on my 2Tb Samsung T7 drive.

1)First I was trying it via native access 1 It said "Install failed: XML processing error (document ill-formed)"

but If I did it manually it works. But couldn't register, so it was running like demo.

Than I try to update to native access 2

2)now it says "Please grant Full Disk Access to all NI apps, NTKDaemon and other audio software"

But a already did that (and restart Mac multiple times)

I read most of forums and went thru the whole website. Im trying to repair it for whole week.

I really sucks so can anyone help please, I did pay a lot of money for this, and nothing is working properly. I did went thru so many forums and im so tired, it is getting nowhere.

please please help.....

Best Answer

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 62 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

Set download volume to your computer download folder, set application location to your application folder, set content location to your external hard drive. You may need to create a folder for all the sample content to save to.

Keep in mind no NI applications will work if that external hard drive is not connected. You will get an error when you open NI Access.

Answers

• Tigersharc
    Options

You have all your content material downloading to the external. The way I had to do it on all my Macs was to have the plugin's download on the computer, the content such as samples goes to the external. You may need to create a NI folder for your sample content on your external hard drive. What your essentially doing is temporarily extracting everything from your local download folder on the computer. When it extracts the content, samples will be saved on your external. I hope this makes sense. So on your Mac, in the application folder you can launch Kontakt... but the actual samples are on the external hard drive.

• Tigersharc
    Answer ✓
    Options

Set download volume to your computer download folder, set application location to your application folder, set content location to your external hard drive. You may need to create a folder for all the sample content to save to.

Keep in mind no NI applications will work if that external hard drive is not connected. You will get an error when you open NI Access.

• simako111
    Options

Yes it makes sense!

But it still does not work, I think it might be something with the Samsung T7.

I read about simular issues on other forums, and it was mostly M1 with Samsung T7 that had the same problem.

• Tigersharc
    Options

I need to look at my computer. I have seen this fail indication before. There may be a few more things you need to check. I'm on M2 but it should be the same. I will check my computer settings this evening when I get off work and then check back to see if you have any resolution. Sorry this didn't help.... I feel your pain .......

• Tigersharc
    Options

Also on your external hard drive, you have Instruments misspelled, if you correct that once everything is working, you will get errors again... it will look for the misspelled location......

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,742 mod
    Options

@simako111 What is the format of this T7 external hard drive? It should be APFS, as explained here: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• simako111
    Options

Still not working, do you have any ideas?)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,742 mod
    Options

@simako111 Do you mean your drive is formatted to APFS?