Delayed DevTalks and Status of Native Access

Options

Comments

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Gosh Locate All is a feature that we've pushed back so often, and I keep saying we'll plan it in. The main reason it's been delayed for some time is because we committed to Uninstall instead. We're still working towards which topics we want to commit to in Q4, but one of them that I'm pushing is Locate All, but as a means to revisit the entire onboarding experience for both new and older users with aim to release around Q1. We're kind of just expecting users to figure it out and give them modals along the way, and we want to be more proactive. At the same time some users are existing and just wanna get set up quickly, so Locate All is CRUCIAL to that experience. We already have a few mockups, so we have some ideas on how to approach this technically, but not locked anything in yet.

TL;DR: we have designs, but been pushing it back for a while now. We want this too, and we hear you.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Moving stuff using Native Access is a feature we've logged already, but will definitely not come this year. NAS is also not something we're really talking about. A community member recently got ahead of the curb and found a way to deploy stuff to NAS drives, so if you want to reach out to them I'll ask if he's okay with me linking you to him, but officially we have no plans.

Product Compatibility on the other hand is something we're looking to add to the product detail pages somewhere down the line. For Third Party products we're investigating improving our existing systems to get more content from them into Native Access, but at the moment I would refer to their websites for compatibility information for now unfortunately :/

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

Edit: post cancelled. I was talking about a different thing

But…while I’m here…would it be possible to locate also expansions? They are not as big as libraries, but installing them all can’t be called a fast task

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

Being able to hide products that you want to ignore would be nice. iZotope product manager has such a feature.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Have a meeting next week to discuss timeline of this topic. Likely coming next quarter, but more info in September.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Yes, it's not super high priority right now, but we have this on our backlog already :)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Native Access version: 3.5.0 (970ccca / 1.13.0.0) just installed as an update here (using Windows 10 64bit). Installation went smooth without any hiccups. (The thread : "Official update status - Native Access (current version: 3.5.0)" is locked so my choice were either post here or make a new thread)(I think that N.I. ought to make an official Native Access v: 3.5.0 feedback thread !)

• Hayo_NI
    Options
  • PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you !

Though perhaps needless to express then maybe I also ought to add that my impression is that the Native Access 3.5.0 is noticeably faster at starting and thus appear a lot more sleek and agile !

• jokeyweb
    jokeyweb Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info, hopefully it will be done soon then!

If there is a way for me to do it manually (ex. changing a file configuration etc.) in the meanwhile it would be great. I tried updating the folder settings but nothing change, I need manually relocate each one :( I would be happy to try any solution you would suggest, cheers

• TheThings
    TheThings Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hope this ``NI ACCES`` things will be fix soon too... i have an IZOTOPE OZONE that i have buy and i cannot use it because the actual version are so problematic that i have to go back to the old version of NI Acces... SO, i have this plugin that i have paid for and can`t use... i have NOT seen that kind of things anyware. Appreciate, the `inside` of the situation, but in the bottom line for a user perspective this was still very questionnable, we doesn`t have to `process` the bugs with PAID produce. I know you are in transition, good reason to take EXTRA time for testing BEFORE lauch new Acces, cause whatever the transition you doing, it`s not really our personnal `business`, all we want it`s that work. I have lost 2 days on that to install , searching what`s going wrong, too finally having an answer NOT from NI ... BUT from another user ; i have the ``reinstall the old version. Bugs can occure, but at this level ; it`s unusual.

• Danatello
    Danatello Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Thanks for the transparency, providing info, and answering questions directly. I have a few of my own:

Will adding Uninstall within NA provide it with the rights to also reliably uninstall previous versions during updates to avoid dealing with this error?

I suppose even a two-step update process (uninstall, install new version) within NA would be better than having to go out to the Windows program list to uninstall, but this issue never existed in older versions of NA, so updates should only require one step regardless. I don't know what changed, but my software will just stay outdated until this is fixed.🤷‍♂️

Also, for Uninstall, you said exceptions would be "Applications, plugins, and third party", what does that leave? Only libraries? Does that mean on initial addition of "Uninstall" it won't be able to uninstall the elements that are actually installed (meaning the software elements) and only apply to libraries that are more or less just copying files (presets and samples)?

• Hayo_NI
    Options

We'll be testing this use case. However, likely an update failed due to an incompatibility of some sort with the new version. Have you reached out to support? They'll probably be able to help you better.

For the uninstall functionality, all Reaktor and Kontakt Content products and Expansions will be uninstallable. We'll essentially delete all related directories. However, for Reaktor and Kontakt themselves, we're rolling this out later as it works differently and there are other things to consider, so for now we're giving out a guide for how to manually uninstall those products instead in-app, with the existing knowledge base article being integrated with your NTK Daemon file path settings and being able to open those directories in app. Not ideal, but it's an intermediary step. All presets and samples will be removed if they exist within the content's directory.

• AndrewJbrooks
    AndrewJbrooks Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hello, I'm new to this forum - I joined out of desperation/frustration that following the need to rebuild my slave (PC) and main (Mac), I am unable to download any libraries. Utterly astonishing to read about the issues here - it sounds that there has been years of cutbacks in the engineering side of things and all the money has gone on marketing/selling more and a new fur coat to make things look good, but underneath there is nothing.

I sincerely hope that there is someone new in place with leadership support and budget to support you and your team to build the engineering capabilities needed to provide a similar user experiences to the other orgs in this space - they have all got the basics of purchase, registration, download, installation and usage right (e.g. Spitfire, VSL, Orchestral Tools, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Izotope!!!...) - they all have the same challenges of preventing piracy, and are also having to manage enormous download files, keep up with OS changes, compatibility, etc.

And so I can't understand how there could be any other priority than to allow customers to load and use what they have paid for - Why are we trying to merge izotope before the basics are working and making the challenge a whole lot harder? (Rhetorical question)

Whilst the frustrated me wants to ask about compensation, what I'd really like is more visibility of the turnaround plan - how many sprints do you think it will be before I can download a library (that I've also paid a different vender a lot to) install and use?

Thanks...

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

A quite understandable frustration. What it does seem to me is that the situation is exactly the opposite of what you hope: the problems resides exactly in “someone new in place” that isn’t supporting these aspects as should be done. Teams are probably underemployed and therefore the job to do is simply too much

This discussion has been closed.