Any downsides when selling Komplete 12 UCE upgrade?

Options
playluxe
playluxe Member Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi there,

I'm owning a Komplete 11 Ultimate full version license, Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition upgrade license and a Komplete 14 Collectors Edition upgrade license.

I know that selling the Ultimate 11 full version license will result in losing access to the other two products above since they require a full version license to be valid.

But what if I decide to sell the Komplete 12 UCE license? Am I losing access to Komplete 14 CE or get less discount on future Komplete releases (Komplete 15 etc.)?

Best Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,141 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I was you, I would contact support. Just to be safe than sorry.

• playluxe
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

So here's an update to the topic:

Support explained to me that it's not possible to sell the license without selling the other two licenses too.

As frustrating as it is it's the final answer to this question.

But anyways: thank you for your replies everyone!

Best regards

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

I have the Komplete 13 and it is not transferable any more, so I doubt that you can sell an even older software...

• playluxe
    edited June 2023
    Options

As you can see on the screenshot it's showing me that the license is transferable. I could hit the checkbox and request transfer.

But before doing that I need to know If it comes with any disadvantages regarding the Komplete 14 CE upgrade license.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,141 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I was you, I would contact support. Just to be safe than sorry.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

Ok. If you have a separate license for Komplete 14 then i don't see any problem and you should be able to do what you want. But if the Komplete 14 license is an update of your Komplete 12, then i don't think it is possible. However to be absolutely sure, you have to follow Monochrome's advice and contact the Support team.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

It all resides on the terminology. If, as you say, you are sure your Komplete 14 collectors edition is an UPGRADE, then its base product is your k11 ultimate and you don’t need to keep k12. If on the other hand you bought the UPDATE (the cheaper one), its base product is your k12 so it must remain registered.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,799 Expert
    Options

OP must have Update, not Upgrade. If he had upgrade it would not be possible to register it as he has no "free" Base Product, I expect. As K11U is already used by K12U CE Upgrade....

And so he needs K12U CE and cannot sell it. He could sell it if it was K12U, K13U.....

• playluxe
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

So here's an update to the topic:

Support explained to me that it's not possible to sell the license without selling the other two licenses too.

As frustrating as it is it's the final answer to this question.

But anyways: thank you for your replies everyone!

Best regards

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,799 Expert
    Options

@playluxe

I guess it is not full true. You should be able to sell K14U CE Update, or K14U CE Update and K12U CE Upgrade, or all three. Three choices.

It is logical you cannot sell K12U CE Upgrade, as it would break "upgrade path". You would not have Base Product for K14U CE Update.