Battery 4 Library Tab Resets to Default When Opening Again

Options
DTBeats
DTBeats Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello,

Hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this. I am currently using FL Studio 20 on a Windows 11 desktop. Prior to this I was using FL Studio 11 on a Windows 8 laptop. Battery worked just fine on my old laptop. However I've ran into a problem on my new desktop.

Whenever I open an instance of Battery 4 (version 4.3.0) it loads everything just fine. I can load any kit or sample I want. It's when I close and reopen the app in my project that everything in the library tab resets to default as if I just loaded up a brand new instance of Battery again.

Example: I open Battery in the library tab. Then I drill down into one shots using the sample tab, click into drums, click into kicks, then select my kick from the list. If I close or minimize Battery to create a pattern in my piano roll or tweak it in my mixer then open up Battery again, it starts me all the way back at the beginning and I have to drill down into my samples again.

I really hope this issue can be fixed ASAP as it is an absolute workflow killer and extremely annoying. I can access my drums without the reset issue in my files tab but it's very tedious searching for drums that way and I shouldn't have to switch to doing it that way when it worked fine for all the years I've used Battery.

I've downgraded (to 4.2.0), uninstalled, reinstalled, and I can't seem to find a solution. My apologies for being long winded but I wanted to provide detail for this issue. I'd greatly appreciate any help or feedback I can get with this. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,788 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alphabeatz I could reproduce the issue in Logic when in ARM mode and filed the bug (BT4-2690)

@DTBeats Battery 4 or any of our current products are not officially supported on Windows 8, Windows 10 is the minimal system requirement. I didn't see any reports on WIndows 10 yet. The devs will look into it anyway.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

What happens if you load a “premade” kit? Does it reopen correctly?

• DTBeats
    Options

No, it doesn't open correctly. I believe the 2 Funk Kit is at the top of my list. I can scroll all the way down to the bottom and select a kit, close Battery, reopen it, and it will be back at the top. My issue is the application not staying where I left off with my drum selection in the library search when I need to close it and reopen it later.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Are you talking only about the preset list? My question was if the sounds are still loaded

• DTBeats
    Options

Yes, I'm talking about the presets under the library tab on the far left and below slightly to the right is switched to "factory" not "user". The sounds are loaded and always play fine. No problems with programming and editing the sounds themselves. I barely ever use full kits and mostly work out of the "samples" tab by grabbing different drums individually. It's very well categorized and I just need it to stay put while I make edits outside of Battery.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Understood. Quite reasonable

• Alphabeatz
    Alphabeatz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same problem here. I freshly installed Battery 4.3.0 on Mac OS 13.4 on my M1 Macbook Pro. Whenever I reopen Battery 4, instead of showing the previously selected sample or kit, it just always goes back to the "kit" section. This happens in both DAWs I own, namely in Logic Pro and in Bitwig.

It was not like this on the Intel Mac I used for 7 years until now. As I usually layer samples, I use tons of battery instances in one project. The way it is now, my workflow really does not work anymore! So I was wondering, whether this is a problem that everyone is facing right now or whether it might be a system specific problem (probably not, since you, DTBeats, are experiencing this problem on Windows as well). I'd be very thankful for some feedback and maybe we can fix this together!

• DTBeats
    Options

I appreciate your response. It's a crucial issue that NI should look into. It's very hard for me to use Battery any other way. I've been experimenting with different versions of FL Studio. I downloaded FL Studio 11 again and it resets when I close the app but keeps me where I previously was only if I minimize it. This still doesn't fully explain or solve the problem though. I tried with FL Studio 21 as well and Battery did the same reset it did in FL Studio 20 with closing and minimizing. I'm going to try again with FL Studio 12.

I've been trying to figure out if it's an operating system issue, DAW issue, or plugin specific issue. At this point I'm ruling out the operating system issue since this is being experienced on Windows and Mac as you've stated.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,788 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alphabeatz I could reproduce the issue in Logic when in ARM mode and filed the bug (BT4-2690)

@DTBeats Battery 4 or any of our current products are not officially supported on Windows 8, Windows 10 is the minimal system requirement. I didn't see any reports on WIndows 10 yet. The devs will look into it anyway.

• samurai_wisdom
    samurai_wisdom Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I encountered the same problem with Cubase 11. Thank you for sharing this information on the thread.

I just noticed this problem today. The only change I made before encountering the issue was a Windows 10 update (which I did last week), so it might be related to the issue.

This problem is quite annoying, and I hope it gets resolved as soon as possible.

• Steven Sugar
    Steven Sugar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Same here on a Mac. Freshly installed M1 Mac Studio running OS X 13 Venture. So annoying! Has anyone found a solution yet? Same behaviour with and without Rosetta mode...

• Ash83
    Ash83 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited February 4
    Options

I have the exact same problem on Windows 10, studio one. It's been like this for at least a year or so and it really is a workflow killer. I love Battery and don't have any other issues with it but the number of times I've accidently loaded up a new kit thinking I was just clicking on the next sample is extremely frustrating!! (Especially as there is no undo feature)

• jaysonducketts
    jaysonducketts Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having the same problem. I load Battery 4 with a preset, copy a cell to a different cell, and manipulate the copied cell settings. I close the Battery 4 plugin, reopen the Battery 4 plugin and the settings revert back to the preset. I am attempting to use Battery 4 in Multi Instrument. I am using Logic Pro 10.8.1 OS 13.6.5.