Native Access 3.4.0 - Komplete 14 products show as DEMO once installed

Options
Shutara
Shutara Member Posts: 6 Member

I don't think there's much to elaborate on here, topic says it all. I've purchased KK S88 MK2, registered it in Native Access 2 (NA1 wasn't able to download an update anymore), but now I either face problems opening an app (infintie Loading Products), or - once it finally lets me in - all of my paid K14 products show as DEMO once installed.

When should we expect a fix for this? I'm not interested in juggling between NA and NA2 simply because both are still bugged.

Not trying to be offensive, but You should've been prepared better for these brand changes and product updates this summer. Now I'm left with unpacked keyboard on my desk, not being able to utilize paid content for God knows how long.

And no, following My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com) didn't help at all, unfortunately.

Best Answer

• Shutara
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Hayo_NI sorry for double posting, but unfortunately I'm unable to edit previous one. I've sorted it out and the fix was hidden in plain sight, but maybe a little bit unintuitive (a hint to include that in KB for "DEMO" article).

Once I've registered my S88 MK3, all of the products naturally showed up in my library available to download. But here's the catch - I assumed (and maybe some silly people like myself) that I don't need to provide any Serial numbers anymore. How surprised I was, after providing Komplete Select and then Komplete Standard serials into NA my products fully activated and DEMO vanished. Beforehand I've tried to force-activate Komplete Standard, thinking I can skip Select, and it failed a few times.

Hopefully someone else will find this solution useful :) I'm glad this nightmare of mine is gone. Fingers crossed for further development and more QoL/accessibility for KK hardware and software. I hope You gather the feedback, and since I'm a fresh user I don't have anything important to bring up at the moment regarding controller itself or KK software.

Best regards,

Shutara

Answers

• JohnS
    JohnS Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having a similar problem. I updated from Komplete 12 to Komplete standard 14. Newly installed products display as DEMO, except Kontakt 7 and Guitar Rig Pro 6.

This didn't help. My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• Shutara
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Hayo_NI, could You please acknowledge this issue and pass to the team, hopefully resulting in a quick hotfix in coming days? I've already raised a ticket on my end, but I guess it's more of a global thing than per-user case and won't be sorted out until next NA update, which is a bummer.

I've even planned on upgrading my Standard to Ultimate because of this sale, but this situation makes me discouraged, seeing my already paid products being limited to DEMO mode for no logical reason.

Thanks for answering!

EDIT: and oh, some further QoL like an ability to uninstall or re-locate library would be really handy, because I can't seem to find them in 3.4.0.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Hey, I had this same issue a while ago, but am not facing it now. Just tried uninstalling and installing again and that seemed to do the trick for me. I'll check with our teams to see what might be/have caused this.

Since you're on windows, could you try going to "Add or remove programs" and remove the products you see in demo, and install them again? See if you get the same results?

Regarding the other points: relocate exists for content products only. Applications, Effects, and Expansions are not getting these yet. We have plans to introduce it for Expansions by the end of the year, but Applications have no plans to introduce it while Effects are not going to be considered right now.

Regarding uninstall: working on it as we speak. We're building the functionality into the NTK Daemon right now, and going to connect it on the NA2 side shortly after. Then we're testing the service, and we'll prep a release. Shouldn't be too much longer, maybe about a month and a half tops for the first batch of products to get it. Content products are first up. Every other product will follow progressively after.

• JohnS
    JohnS Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

My problem is fixed. I'm using Windows 10.

I added "Native Access.exe" to the allowed list of friendly applications. This is described in the "Controlled Folder Access" section in the following link.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000848825-Native-Access-Error-Message-Activation-failed-Internal-error-during-activation

• Shutara
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thanks for clarification about the content relocation - it makes perfect sense, eagerly waiting for more handy "move" tool for other types of products =)

As for the uninstalling - I had to log out and log back in to make Kontakt disappear from Installed list within NA (something to consider changing?). Same thing after installation - there was this spinning circle next to Native Access logo and Kontakt wouldn't pop into Installed until i logged out and back in.

Unfortunately, after following all of the tips and tricks, it is still broken. And I've tried everything on two machines. This is unbelievable.

Really poor experience with the new NA2. Having user to fiddle with deleting files, reinstalling this or that and disabling Windows security settings, just to end up with none of the workarounds working anyway.

• Shutara
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Hayo_NI sorry for double posting, but unfortunately I'm unable to edit previous one. I've sorted it out and the fix was hidden in plain sight, but maybe a little bit unintuitive (a hint to include that in KB for "DEMO" article).

Once I've registered my S88 MK3, all of the products naturally showed up in my library available to download. But here's the catch - I assumed (and maybe some silly people like myself) that I don't need to provide any Serial numbers anymore. How surprised I was, after providing Komplete Select and then Komplete Standard serials into NA my products fully activated and DEMO vanished. Beforehand I've tried to force-activate Komplete Standard, thinking I can skip Select, and it failed a few times.

Hopefully someone else will find this solution useful :) I'm glad this nightmare of mine is gone. Fingers crossed for further development and more QoL/accessibility for KK hardware and software. I hope You gather the feedback, and since I'm a fresh user I don't have anything important to bring up at the moment regarding controller itself or KK software.

Best regards,

Shutara

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Thanks for posting this. I'll reach out to my team and see what's going on. We've been having some incidents to deal with so perhaps that might've caused some trouble, but most of those fixes seem to have been resolved.

• Christiaan Tinga
    Christiaan Tinga Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I had the same issue after upgrading from my free Komplete Select to Komplete Standard. Some of the items were flagged as Demo where it should not.

I fixed it by closing down all apps and deleting the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Native Instruments" and running Native Access with admin rights once. NA was rebuilding it's dependencies and all Demo flags were gone!

• bLuN4
    bLuN4 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have exactly the same problem. Macos ventura. m1 chip. I have now unpacked the s88 keyboard and the software does not work.

• tonykeller
    tonykeller Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Same here, I tried the help page dedicated to this bug.

But no, nothing worked it is still showing in demo.