Native Instruments new brand identity

Options

Comments

• Z Gabr
    Z Gabr Member Posts: 52 Helper
    edited June 2023
    Options

The world is sicker now than ever before...

What not so long ago normal people considered ugly and defective is now obsessively presented as the "crown of creation," as the "standard" of beauty... Now mediocrities and brainless dullards are deliberately presented as geniuses.....

Apparently this global agenda has hit NI hard....

• Z Gabr
    edited June 2023
    Options

Suddenly the events taking place in the movie "Idiocracy" became a reality...

• djpaul909
    djpaul909 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Not a fan. Original font/ logo was iconic.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

Well, logos change... Many companies do it. NI old logo was not anything great. It was OK. New logo is sort of strange, but one may get used to it. And for new customers, it will probably be just fine....

But, my God, SW icons.... That is real failure, no question!!!!! Old Traktor logo says a lot, TR is just really bad joke....

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

Hey, @Kaiwan_NI ,

Apart from who likes the logo and who does not and why and whatever... the thread title actually says "new brand identity" and I wonder if there's anything non-graphical you can tell us about that new brand identity? I mean, is there some kind of changed mission statement or a new strategy or anything that might be interesting to talk about?

• SternSchwert
    SternSchwert Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Looks cool. Well Done. Except the R all good solutions. Looks like it has been like that for ages.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Right now there are only 3 updated icons, right?

So.. eventually, my dock will look like this:

? 🤔

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

Maybe not MA, but MS. :-DDDDD Is it better?

I guess, they maybe intend unify everything across all companies... And maybe each with its own color. But still, using letters in icons is just wrong. It violates basic purpose of icon....

Imagine, NI was chineese, indian, .... company and they put there their alphabeth on icons.

Besides it is real ugly, it is also impractical....

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Agreed. This is why my issue isn't based on if it looks better or worst in terms of aesthetics, I legit don't care about that but losing the icons + color seems like a super weird choice, everything will look alike and super generic. Soon we will have 20 2-letter black icons, lol!

Assuming this will happen i wonder what they will chose, because both MA or MS could also be Massive 🤷‍♂️

NI's logo in Native Access being taller than the other 2 letters 'icons' triggers my OCD a bit.

Whatever agency did this, I applaud their rhetoric to explain their reasoning + the beauty of their mockups that I have never seen but assume were amazing enough to convince the company to spend thousands on this. 😂

• Z Gabr
    Options

Ugly, ugly and ugly again...I want to deal with NI products less and less...Sadly ...

• Z Gabr
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have a hunch that we probably won't get a response from Kaiwan_NI or will get one very long term. 

This has always been NI's relationship with the community and this is a huge disadvantage for NI....

• egjanuary
    egjanuary Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Honestly it's boring and reeks of the same design aesthetic that plagues all of tech and many major corporations. Take all the details out of everything and make it look like abstract line art.

I bet a mountain of money went to some design firm to redo all the branding and this was the best they could come up with. Some genius new management suits got a big up for modernizing NI.

I guess that Maschine+ update can wait.

• Z Gabr
    Options

You forgot to add quotation marks to the word "genius"...Haha

• egjanuary
    egjanuary Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

You have actually helped me make a decision about buying more NI hardware. And that answer is don't. They update Komplete like clockwork so I'll keep on with it. Looks like an MPC is in my future instead of a Maschine Mk3 or +