Matching BPM

Options

How do I get the BPM to match the song or samples I have made in Maschine, using MK3, to stay the same in Traktor Pro 3, after I have analyzed them? I have everything synced, but cant seem to figure this out. The BPM doesn't match the setting I set in Maschine.....ever.😡

Thanks for any responses.😊

Native Instruments S5, Kontrol F1, Maschine MK3, Kontrol A49

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

How do you sync? With Ableton Link?

Link should allow to change BPM on any of the connected programs and having the changement mirrored on all the others.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Or are you moving the Maschine created material inside of Traktor?

• Suspect Everything
    Suspect Everything Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I'm moving the Maschine created content into Traktor.

• Suspect Everything
    Suspect Everything Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I'm moving the content created in Maschine over to Traktor.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,428 Expert
    Options

Can you share a screenshot of the analyzed beatgrid inside traktor?

• LostInFoundation
    Options

So: my first idea, but maybe too simplistic, is that you are doing something wrong with the sync/master buttons. Are you sure the master track for sync is the one where you put the song or loops created in Maschine? Otherwise they will be synced with the tempo of the master track in Traktor

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,428 Expert
    Options

I think he drag 'n drop bars from Maschin into Traktor. And the analyzed file does not match the bpm it has in Maschine.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 592 Pro
    Options

Keep in mind samples need to have a definite beat to get the correct bpm.

For instance a vocal or a oneshot will almost always be detected incorrectly because bpm is calculated by beats per minute.

So you need to set the bpm and the length of each sample in Maschine to match exactly what you intend to use in Traktor. Then if it is incorrect change it per sample.

Also keep in mind if there is silence at the start of the sample (such as offset bass or hats Traktor will start the sample incorrectly and the length might be wrong too.

It can be kind of tricky to get it all working. And a learning curve. Some audio production skills also help alot.

Oh also set the bpm of the whole remix set to the same as you exported from Maschine.

Other adjustments in Traktor like start marker and length and the oneshot or latching can also be used to make some samples work more as you might intend them to.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,710 mod
    Options

Drop them into the Track Deck first to analize samples. THen drag and drop into remix deck cell.