Maschine internal instruments & fx not accessible by KompleteKontrol browser

~Rishi~
~Rishi~ Member Posts: 6 Member
edited October 22 in Maschine

I use my KompleteKontrol keyboard with Maschine.

Using the keyboard browser none of the Maschine internal instruments are accessible by the KK keyboard browser. All the other instruments like Massive, Kontakt libraries etc are visible.

I can load an Internal DrumSynth or internal FX from the software and then adjust parameters on the KK keyboard.

Why can't I load Maschine internal instruments and FX from the KK keyboard browser?

Version 2.17.4

Best Answers

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,777 mod
    Answer ✓
  • ~Rishi~

That doesn't make sense to me. Once added as a device in Maschine, I can use the keyboard to control all the parameters. Why not make them visible to add via the KK keyboard browser.

The KK keyboard is just a controller for the Maschine software. So, its all still internal.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

The KK keyboard is not a controller for Maschine software.

They share similar browsing experiences and conveniences like arpeggiators. But they are two different products.

If you use your keyboard in Maschine, it becomes just another midi controller. The reason you can access plugin parameters is that those are nks enabled.

Also, I don't own a KK keyboard, so I am not sure what you are experiencing when you say that external plugins are visible. They are visible in the KK keyboards displays? When using it in Midi Mode as a midi controller for Maschine? That would be news to me

• Sunborn
    edited July 2023

As Murat mention above, The Komplete Kontrol keyboard is not a controller for the Maschine software. Maschine Controllers are.

• ~Rishi~
    Answer ✓

On their website NI say...

"A perfect match for maschine. KOMPLETE KONTROL was designed with MASCHINE hardware and software in mind, so the two work perfectly in tandem."

Anyway, the answer to my question is that you need to use SHIFT+Browse to bring up the list of internal instruments as demonstrated in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rxDlSNrzJE

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

And that also works on a KK Keyboard when using it as a Maschine midi controller?

• Sunborn
    edited July 2023

The video you posted uses a MASCHINE controller, not a KOMPLETE KONTROL controller.

In your original post you wrote that you are using a Komplete Kontrol controller (keyboard).

So, the video you posted has nothing to do with your problem and i am pretty sure that still, you can not load internal Maschine instruments in your Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,414 Expert

If you scroll down till the Multi Fxs, you’ll find Maschine. The fxs are not called with their names (beat delay, Lofi,…) but with some presets name.

‘Loading them will in every case load the Maschine internal Fxs

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod
    edited July 2023

Sure you can - just drag (for example) a Polysynth preset into a sound slot ( just wish Komplete Kontrol had Polysynth and the FX built in too):

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod

You can also browse to Polysynth patches from the Keyboard:

• ~Rishi~

Yeah its exactly the same on the KK keyboard. I just posted the video because that's how I found out how to do it.

• Sunborn

Ok, now i realized what is going on.

It seems that Maschine become accessible only if you have a Komplete Kontrol hardware. I do not have one yet (i expect my new s49 in few days though). So far i only have a Maschine controller. Every time i open Komplete Kontrol software, Maschine doesn't even appear as a plugin! My second answer was based on that, and on the fact that someone marked my first answer as correct. I will verify it after few days when my s49 arrives, but obviously i was wrong in this case. :-)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,414 Expert

You have a KK MK2, correct? On the MK1 you have the onscreen overlay browser (where the Maschine category I posted appears) but shift + browser doesn’t seem to work

• ~Rishi~

To further clarify my situation (in case it helps anyone else), I had to use the SHIFT + Browser on the KK keyboard to load Maschine internal devices because I didn't have the Maschine library installed.

Once the Maschine library is installed drum synth, bass synth and poly synth presets exist with tags so you can browse to those devices in the normal way as @Kymeia shows above

Without the library I had the devices but no presets to browse to.

Long story but I have been re-installing selected NI libraries to use with my KK keyboard and started playing around with Maschine again but didn't have the core library installed.

This discussion has been closed.