Best way to learn to use Komplete?
I have owned Komplete for years. I only use about 8 of the instruments: Alicia's Keys, session guitars, vintage organs, and a few more.
What can I do to learn and master all of the devices? Is there some great Youtube channel that explains them? Should I simply read the manual for each device in the pack?
Thank you very much in advance.
Edit: There's no consolidated manual for all Komplete devices, is there?
No, there's individual manuals
Here's what I did. Goal: have favourites for each instrument/tool. Whenever you're done with work and chores, instead of watching the streaming Timekiller of your choice, go through one instruments presets via Komplete Kontrol and mark the ones you like as favourites.
After 3 months or so, every darn thing in Komplete has a set of favourites chosen by you and you have a feeling what each thing does0
The manuals are always a good way of learning new tools or software. ;)0
Thank you for the response. You mentioned Komplete Kontrol. I was about to start a new thread for Kontrol but I'll ask here since you mentioned it.
- What is Komplete Kontrol? It looks to me like that name references two things: a MIDI controller made by native instruments, and a piece of software that lets you select software instruments from within a single window.
If this is correct, I'm more interested in the software than the hardware. So...
- How do I learn to use the Kontrol software? I'm not seeing any manual for it in the folder I installed. Again, is there some online video that everyone uses?
Actually, Komplete Kontrol (the software) is kind of self explanatory. It is just a way to fire up anything that follows NIs standards on how to set up instruments and FX if they want to play nice with the KK hardware and software.
On the left you browse for your plugins. On the top there is a row where you can combine instruments with FX in a chain. And you can use Komplete Kontrol standalone and as a plugin in a DAW with any midi controller you like (no KK keyboard necessary).
Just try it, you can't break anything. There is no need to watch hours of YT videos on something you can just fire up and try1
The manual of the Komplete Kontrol software is in the manuals of the Komplete Kontrol keyboard controllers.
E.g.: https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/komplete_kontrol/KOMPLETE_KONTROL_M32_Manual_English_28_10_2021.pdf (page 23 and following)1
Thanks to both who responded. About to fire up Kontrol to try it out.1
So I had an amazing hour and a half going through Komplete instruments.
- For session guitars, is it possible to write a custom strum pattern?
- I opened Komplete and it's scanning the VSTs. It's stuck trying to scan a VST that I have no memory of acquiring. It's a VST called Hybrid. Perhaps I got a demo once or it came bundled with something. Anyway, I trashed the VST and tried scanning for Kontrol again. Kontrol is still getting stuck when attempting to scan that same VST. Any advice?
In general, if you want to abort scan and get on with it, hit Esc. Why it's trying to find the VST even though you uninstalled it no idea0
It's probably AIR Hybrid, which requires iLok software or dongle protection.
I can only speculate, but, maybe one of the formats the plugins comes in wasn't uninstalled, when you uninstalled the plugin. Or you had several versions of it. Or, you just deleted the DLL instead of uninstalling the plugins.0
For session guitars, is it possible to write a custom strum pattern?
Custom patterns are not possible unfortunately.0
- 12.5K All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 570 Hangout
- 69 NI News
- 276 Tech Talks
- 1.3K Native Access
- 5.9K Komplete
- 767 Komplete General
- 1.4K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.2K Kontakt
- 568 Reaktor
- 187 Battery 4
- 318 Guitar Rig & FX
- 224 Massive X & Synths
- 282 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.6K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3.1K Traktor
- 2.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators