Native Access 3.3.1 Black "Unable to start the NTK Daemon" and then everything has "Download" Fail"

stumpy_strudel
stumpy_strudel Member Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2023 in Native Access

On a brand new install of Windows 11. Issue started cropping up yesterday after initially running Native Access without issue.

Started as trying to open Native Access 3.3.1 Black and getting this error message seven times:

Then InstallAware Wizard starts to load and then this error:

And then back to the first error message seven more times:

Ultimately, it arrives at this:

I tried to uninstall the NTK Daemon from "Add / Remove Programs" so I could reinstall it with individual installer NI provides and get this:

I did eventually figure out that manually starting the NTKDaemonSerivce got Native Access to load properly.

Now everything I click to download just returns "Download failed".

I've tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling everything.
  • Checking and turning off Firewall, Antivirus, VPN (not using any), Proxy (not using any), etc. and other things that NI already suggests in the Native Access troubleshooting tool.
  • Clearing out the ~\AppData\Local, ~\AppData\Roaming\, where ever Native Instruments and Native Access is mentioned.
  • Doing the same in C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Haven't started mess with the registry yet and trying to avoid reformatting due to activation limits on other non-NI products.

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• stumpy_strudel
    Answer ✓

Well, I fixed the issue... only had to do my last resort before a reformat:

• Uninstall anything related to Native Instruments although about six things wouldn't uninstall.
    • Remove any mention of "Native Instruments", "NTKDaemon", "Native Access" from C:\.
    • Remove any mention of "Native Instruments", "NTKDaemon", "Native Access" from the registry.
    • Restart.
    • Install Native Access 2, again.

Now it is working and downloading fine.

After all these years, not sure why I periodically give Microsoft a chance thinking it is finally useful for something more than just playing video games.

Answers

• stumpy_strudel
    Answer ✓

Well, I fixed the issue... only had to do my last resort before a reformat:

• Uninstall anything related to Native Instruments although about six things wouldn't uninstall.
    • Remove any mention of "Native Instruments", "NTKDaemon", "Native Access" from C:\.
    • Remove any mention of "Native Instruments", "NTKDaemon", "Native Access" from the registry.
    • Restart.
    • Install Native Access 2, again.

Now it is working and downloading fine.

After all these years, not sure why I periodically give Microsoft a chance thinking it is finally useful for something more than just playing video games.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @stumpy_strudel

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue, thanks for providing such helpful steps!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

If you really want to blame Microsoft, be aware that Mac users these days are the ones that report most of the problems. Pointing the fingers at the computers maybe isn’t the right direction 😉