Maschine 2 Standalone Software with Pro Tools

mira
mira Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Using Ableton Link in Pro Tools (Ultimate) and Maschine 2 Standalone software (not the plug in) - I can sync the tempo across the two, but cannot set up a master/slave.

In other words, I want to start playback in Pro Tools and have Maschine 2 begin playing. (I can tab over to Maschine 2 and press play, which will be tempo-sync, but I want the transport in Pro Tools to launch playback in Maschine).

Obviously this is a bit redundant to simply using the Maschine plugin, so this is more of an experiment, or testing virtual connections.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,268 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I think Maschine version of Link is not up to date and doesn’t have the start/stop functionality that’s been added later. I don’t know about ProTools version. I s not about master/slave (Link doesn’t have it).

In any case it’s not redundant. The 2 way of working are different. If only for having a full screen Maschine

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I think Maschine version of Link is not up to date and doesn’t have the start/stop functionality that’s been added later. I don’t know about ProTools version. I s not about master/slave (Link doesn’t have it).

In any case it’s not redundant. The 2 way of working are different. If only for having a full screen Maschine

• mira
    mira Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank's LostInFoundation.

I'll stop trying to change every sync setting in both apps. ;)

• LostInFoundation

Why? Continue…maybe you’ll discover something I don’t know and I can learn something.

Be our guinea pig 😂😂😂