Allen & Heath X Zone 23c

Marty F
Marty F Member Posts: 36 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I have changed my mixer from a DJM 909 to a Allen & Heath X Zone 23c mixer. Now when I log into Traktor Pro 3 and, try to record a mix, the LED doesn't move or, go up like its recording, why ?

Does anyone know how or if I have to change anything in settings ? I feel so very dull not knowing ?

Thanks so very much for any help ?

Martin

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,221 Expert
    edited January 2023

I assume you use external mixing mode with the xone. I don't think you can record internally in traktor that way, as traktor does not "hear" or know the master, as it gets mixed in the mixer.

Did you use external mixing mode as well with the DJM?

I think xone 23c sends the master back via USB interface, so you could use a 3rd party program to record it. Or maybe it's possible to select that inside traktor?

Edit: Here is a guide on how to record an external source: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210311085-How-to-Record-an-External-Audio-Signal-in-TRAKTOR

• Marty F
    Marty F Member Posts: 36 Member

Yes it used to record my set no problem, I changed the mixer to X Zone 23c and, it doesn't even register a sound ?

• lord-carlos

See the link. Make sure your input routing is correct.

• Tatty
    Tatty Member Posts: 2 Member

I have a similar problem that I can't find an answer to. I added the cross connections to my XONE 23C to allow dvs vinyl. This works fine and im happy with that. However, there is only options in the recording set up for a single input. So I can choose deck A, and it will record, but when I cutover to deck B, it records silence.

How do I get Acaster input for. The mixer into Traktor Pro 3?

• Tatty
    Tatty Member Posts: 2 Member

@lord-carlos I checked that link out and it's useful to have so thanks. I bought a traktor audio 8 interface, but its no longer supported by Apple, or NI, so I wasn't able to use it. Got my money back thankfully. This feels like it should be something that has clear instructions from NI on whether it's possible or not. Frustrating

• lord-carlos
    edited February 2023

The interface in the guide is just an example. You don't need an audio 8. In your case the Xone 23c is the correct interface.

I'm not 100% sure, but if you did the DVS mod I don't think the Xone sends master back to the pc. It only has 2 return stereo channels.

So with the 23c + dvs mod you can't use internal traktor recording. Connect a recording device to master or booth out on your xone.

Or buy a mixer that can send inputs / phono back to the pc AND also master.