[Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE
We're always looking for ways to improve our products and the NI research team is now conducting a survey to get a better idea of what your experience with MASCHINE is like.
In this survey, you'll get to tell us more about your workflow, what features you're looking forward to the most in the next generation of MASCHINE, and more.
We'd really appreciate it if you can take a few minutes to give us a feedback here.
Thank you in advance for your time, on behalf of the NI research team. 🙏
tetsuneko Member Posts: 268 Pro
thanks, feedback left!
One thing I forgot to mention in my feedback:
Please always communicate clearly whenever some parts of the Maschine/Maschine+ ecosystem get updated about platform compatibility! I have had issues earlier where updating just a single plugin (say, Raum or Massive) on one platform resulted in resource incompatibility with the other. For me, it is a number 1 priority to keep my Maschine Desktop environment 100% compatible with my Maschine+ standalone environment (including all addons like Kontakt/Reaktor/instruments etc). For this, whenever an update comes to either of the platforms, I always need to consider if I can update, or if I will need to stay on a previous version of a component just to be able to maintain full platform interoperability/compatibility.
Thank you and happy holidays!4
You should send this out through email. Your core audience isn't on this forum unless they're having issues, want to help others with issues, etc.7
Crosstalk Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
1. Quantizing is not exactly intuitive, especially not when comparing to for example Cubase.
2. I often find myself wanting to add a vocal track or two to my project. Better support for this would be appreciated.2
I'd love Maschine to have some sort of session recording. Not of audio output but of scene changes, mutes, automation etc.
It would be great to access such recording as an arrangement layout to further tweak it as to get a final output that is structured and nice sounding.
I tend to record my jams as an audio file but doing so makes impossible to tweak little details or to trim the final song to a more concise and interesting form in a second time. The actual arrangement mode cannot replicate the directness of a jam and building a song manually stacking scenes is unfit of my workflow.
That feature on top of an already stellar set up for improvisation and spontaneous music creation would be an incredible killer feature.5
Pretty good thing this survey !
Improve automation is the priority for me.
Make cross versions maschine projects available.
Hope that Maschine Mk4 and Maschine jam Mk2 will come soon !7
I've been a loyal Maschine user for 8+ years and I think I have some quality of life improvement suggestions for the Software and Hardware. I'm not a software engineer so I don't know how feasible these suggestions are, but they seem reasonable to me. I would love to get this in front of the community to see if any of these improvements are doable.
Pull up Mixer view in software from hardware. This was possible on the MK2 by pressing Shift+Browse (I believe - it's been years since I had an MK2). Why can't this be done on the MK3 with Shift+Mixer?
Custom Chord Sets. Cant we just add a custom bank or two at the end of the chord sets where we can copy and save chords from other sets?
Per-chord inversion/spread settings
More/custom note repeat patterns. These have never been updated either. Would be cool to punch in a pattern in the step sequencer as a note repeat pattern.
Note probability in Variation tab on HW
Visual Limiter/Compressor threshold/GR feedback on hardware
View Master meter on HW
A visual EQ
Perform FX for Master
Utility effect for panning/stereo spread
Internal Midi routing. Would love to use Scaler 2 within Maschine to control Massive without having to have a host DAW.
More mobility freedom for Clips/Patterns
Updated/integrated audio/sampler engine.
FM drum engine - this one is more than a quality of life improvement, but would be really cool.
Linear automation/automation curves
Automate effect bypass9
We sent the survey by email as well but I'm re-sharing it here as well in case you opt out from our marketing emails and don't receive the survey. :)1
Thanks @tetsuneko! Your feedback has been forwarded to the team.2
cedjos Member Posts: 1 Member
First time posting in here, but I seize the occasion to give a feedback. I use my Maschine MK3 more and more since I got a Maschine Jam, and I have to say that this is in my opinion a must have. I understand that Maschine Jam was discontinued, so I use this opportunity to tell you that there are big fans of it out there ;)8
I see. I didn't get it, but maybe I rage unsubscribed after getting komplete now emails. So thanks for posting here :)0
The most/least bit is broken so I can’t complete it0
Most important for me would be being able to use it expressively with instruments which is currently not something I can do due to lack of aftertouch and MPE2
- please make a pitch shifting function for samples which doesn't slow it down, currently the work around is to turn the sample to audio, shift pitch and re sample. The workflow can be much more straight forward.
- make it so that in the arrangement view, there's an option to NOT auto fill. For example, group A pattern 1 has 4 bars, group B pattern 1 has 1 bar. Current work around is to extend pattern 1 to 4 bars and keep bar 2 to 4 blank.
- Been able to add performance on the master, current work around is to add filter and other effects directly to the master, why not allow perform FX on the master
- allow for tempo automation on the master
- Customizable default sample kit layout on the pads. Right now kick is 1 snare is 2 ....make it so user can customize the default setting to get kick on 5 snare on 13.... etc when loading kits
- make favorites transferable. It would be awesome if when I'm working on my laptop, I find a preset I favourite, there's a file that I can transfer to my computer which ADD to the favourite list
- auto export and upload function onto SoundCloud, metapop, and other streaming services.
- note playback when writing on the piano roll, also not playback when move it around
- Ability to use 2 maschine simultaneously, this probably need more thought through, and ultimately, it would be awesome if buddy and I can work on the same beat at the same time.
Just filled this in, I hope we see some of the changes implemented. Seeing some of the suggested features already tells me that when Maschine MK4 or Maschine 3.0 software releases, a lot of us will be happy. Please give me an excuse to not have to use my other DAWs anymore!5
I would much prefer if all well-known M+ bugs would be fixed first.7
- 12.1K All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 547 Hangout
- 66 NI News
- 265 Tech Talks
- 1.2K Native Access
- 5.7K Komplete
- 729 Komplete General
- 1.3K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.1K Kontakt
- 565 Reaktor
- 182 Battery 4
- 313 Guitar Rig & FX
- 220 Massive X & Synths
- 262 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.6K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3K Traktor
- 2.8K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators