The download speed is extremely slow,about 1~10kb/s

SamClack
SamClack Member Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2022 in Native Access

Please ask officials to handle it and speed up the download. Why is the download speed of such a good product so slow?

Tagged:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,532 Expert

Download of "What" product?

Obviously this doesn't affect everyone so some further details would really be needed such as which product, via Native Access (?), what OS and what country are you from. Also, does it affect every download you have tried, what is your internet speed normally. Have you waited half a day and tried later (sometimes things clear up after some time).

• SamClack

Thank you for your prompt reply. My location is in China. I use the windows10 system.My network access speed is 100Mbps per second.

The download speed fluctuates around 10KB/s in the day and night. The download speed of a few products will not exceed 1MB/s, but will soon drop to about 10KB / s.Products with extremely slow download speed, such as session guitarist sunburnt and abbey road drum,FX plugins,etc.

I downloaded the new version of guitar rig Pro that was updated a few days ago for several hours. The speed was about 30KB per second.I almost broke down.

• SamClack

I have tried all the possible solutions, and the solutions given on the official website have also been tried. There is no effect. I think this is probably a server problem.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,532 Expert

Well if you are in China, I think it's probably a different problem altogether....

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

Have you tried changing your dns to google vs your isp? If using cloudflare dns, they had major outage widely reported but not sure that impacts dns.

• SamClack

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to switch between different DNS, but the download speed has not changed.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @SamClack there was a period that Native Access was blocked in China, but right now it should be working great and the download speed depends on your internet connection.

Perhaps there's an antivirus blocking it?

My Native Access Downloads Are Taking Too Long

If the steps in the article above doesn't help, might be worth reaching out to our support directly. They might be able to help with an installer: https://bit.ly/n1install

• SamClack

Thanks for your reply.

The current situation is that some of them can maintain full speed, but some of them are always at the speed of 10 to 20KB per second.

This network makes me very disappointed. The official news mentioned that the download speed has been kept at full speed, but now it seems that the problem still exists.

Also, I can't open the two links attached in your reply, which shows the network timeout.

I have tried all the possible methods, including changing DNS and closing anti-virus software. I am almost desperate by this network.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

What about trying VPN? If that is legal in China.

• SamClack

Thanks for your reply.Because of the relevant laws and policies, I can't use that thing.

I can still find the official video news, that is, native access software can be downloaded at full speed.https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1734y1a7as?share_source=copy_web

Now I think it may be the server because some of them can be downloaded at full speed, while others are extremely slow.

• Kubrak

Hard to say, what the problem is. I have very seldomly problems with download being in EU. Also, NI servers may be overloaded at time of new releases and Sales. And there is Sale right now and many buy just eletronic licence, so heavy downloads right now.....

Also time when you download may be important. Servers may be more loaded during daytime in Europe and US. And, if there is some kind of bandwitch limit to China, also in your daytime. I am not sure if one can find time slot, that is the most suitable....

Maybe few days after Summer of Sounds ends the downloads will be easier to handle....

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,001 Guru

I've got a full fibre internet connection with over 900MB per second (both directions) and there's definitely no problem with speed at the Native Instruments end.

• SamClack

Well, that can basically judge that this is the problem caused by the official server in different regions of the world. Some regions download very fast, while others are very slow.

• SamClack
    edited June 2022

There is such a possibility as you mentioned. Now that can basically judge that the download speed is affected by different regions of the world. In some places, the download speed is very fast, but in some places, the download speed is very slow.

• Kubrak

If you are close to NI server, your ISP provider has hicapacity connection, your country has high capacity connection it may be fast. If one of those is slow, it will not be fast.

You may try to contact NI Support and they might you provide with direct download link. Those links lead to Google Drive, at least it used to be like that few years ago....

In my case, GR6 Pro update has downloaded fastly few days ago....