NI Form playback issues with imported samples low quality/too high pitched **

Dman
Dman Member Posts: 2 Member

i recently purchased NI Form, so my settings are Default.

When ive imported a sample the playback sounds sort of muffled or low quality? sometimes too highly pitched?

**midi cc for reference to notes/octave which im playing**

Ive tried using both standalone and Daw version

Please see included video which shows what i mean

Headphone warning as start of video is silent*

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

The sample is only the stuff of tone and FORM shapes the sound.

Sometimes it sounds like a singing person.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

Have you tried to reset the sound like described in the manual chapter 1.4.3.? But even then i doubt it will play it back like you want, form is not a normal sampler. But I'm not the form expert. Maybe someone else can help here

• Dman
    Dman Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi yes I have,

Hi, yes I have, -0:17 in screen capture provided

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Like i said form is note made to just play a sample as it is, as far as I know. Even if you use the simple ramp to play the sample linear. I also tried yesterday night a bit and was not able to just play a sample as it is, but i had so much fun and interesting sounds. The pitch has also nothing to do with the speed of how the sample is played. You can press different notes and the sample plays at the same speed but at different pitch, maybe that's why it's not called sampler and instead form oscillator? The sample also gets analyzed while loading. Definitely a very interesting instrument, will try a bit more later that day, cause it makes so much fun - if i find something i will tell you.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

The sample is only the stuff of tone and FORM shapes the sound.

Sometimes it sounds like a singing person.