How to map Hotkeys for Stems on Traktor pro 4

Johnmim
Johnmim Member Posts: 17 Member

Hello,

I want to start mapping hotkeys for using Stems on traktor pro 4. Does anyone have a good mapping for me to use? Any suggestions?

Answers

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 512 Guru

What hardware are you using? Otherwise, have a look at djtechtools.com and search for mappings.

• Johnmim

ASUS Vivobook 15 M513U cpu: AMD R5 5500U ssd: 512G PCIEG3 ram: DDR4 8G

Is this the hardware that you asked? It has something to do with the mapping?

• Owner

No, I didn't mean your computer. Sorry, my question was about your controller. So, which controller do you have/want to use? Then we can see how to map it.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,954 mod

The S4 Mk3 already consists of Stem mode on the pads section. What exactly you want your mapping to do?

• Johnmim
    edited October 18

@Stevan & @Owner i want to use my laptop on Cdjs

• Owner
    edited October 18

Ok, so you want to map the hot cues for the stems on your CDJs? Which CDJs do you have and do you want to overwrite or add to the existing mappings?

Since the number of hot cues differs on the various CDJs, you would probably have to have a separate mapping for each one. Otherwise, I would recommend mapping the stems on your laptop keyboard, because then you always have it with you and it always stays the same, no matter what type of CDJ you are standing in front of.

• Johnmim

No i want map Hotkeys in Laptop in order to press them to access Stems

• Stevan

What keyboard keys do you want to use or think would be the best use case? I can cook the mapping really quick, just let me know.

• Johnmim

That's very nice of you. Thank you

I have thought to hold the space button and as soon as I hold it down , maybe I could press the 1 (drums) 2 (bass) 3 (melody) 4 (vocals) for deck A and 6(drums)7 (bass) 8 (melody)9 (vocals) for deck B. It's like I want to have access to stems as soon as I hold the space button down. But if i just press space once it will change the view type like it normally does.

• Stevan

Ok so you want to edit existing TSI. Do you mind exporting it and uoploading it here?

It seems that NI has removed the default keyboard TSI from TP4.

• Stevan

Found it on TP3. They most likely removed it since the name is way off. "Traktor Scratch 2" …

SPACE TAP = Browser View toggle

SPACE HOLD (for one sec) = Stems Mute mod