Maschine+ Power Bank guide

12345679»

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,617 Expert
    edited October 12

Ouch! Looks like he went to great lengths to leave a negative review. I wonder if his other reviews are similar?

My thoughts: The average end user isn't going to bother testing with meters and resistors, filming results etc. They're also going to use it as intended - powering a phone, tablet, laptop etc. rather than test equipment.

I think as long as it does what the customer wants, they're not going to be that concerned about whether it meets the mAh spec. First he claims the capacity is around 11,000mAh but later he says it's 9,770mAh?

Possibly the given spec is calculated anyway, rather than a real life figure. The max output of speakers is stated in the same way - they measure the output at a certain wattage then scale up.

[later] I've had a look at his pictures, one of which shows the device label. It's 20,000mAh at 3.7V 74Wh but he doesn't state what voltage he was using for his tests. Surely higher voltage = fewer hours.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,225 mod
    edited October 12

That dude seems knowledgeable, I am not qualified to verify his testing methodology but going through that length of so many pictures and details to only lie would be strange… I'd trust him tbh. Check his profile: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AFNV6VXQQEXB5X5IMNGTPPERUN6Q/

If you're OK with the strong possibility of paying for 20000mah and getting 10000mah then buy it, if not then don't. Instead of the powerbank giving you around 9-10 hours of use you'll get 4-5, personally at that point I'd rather buy a 10000mah one from a reputable brand.

There's tons of videos out there about ebay/amazon phantom companies claiming fake capacity of their powerbanks.

• el-bo
    el-bo Member Posts: 61 Member

Thanks! Yeah, I should've been clearer. I was thinking of getting it till I read this review. But it did get me thinking that without his insights, equipment and attention to detail we really don't know that what we're getting is performing as adverised.

Sure, in this case, it would be noticeable that a 20k powerbank only get 50% of the expected 9 hours. But if I was getting 7 hours, I'd assume that my use cases were just more power heavy, and would never know that the issue might be the bank itself.

Would've been great if he got them to send a replacement, and he re-tested. More than that I'd be curious as to what he got instead and what he'd recommend :)

• Styles01
    Styles01 Member Posts: 29 Member

I’ve used this one which worked. If you search the QA on the page they also specify it supports 15V/3A.

https://a.co/d/cw7xwHj