So... does Komplete Kontrol mk1 just not work with Ableton 12/11?

alexjustdoit
alexjustdoit Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I just got an mk1 second hand and upgraded to Ableton 12. When installing the MIDI remote scripts Ableton tells me that the scripts don't support Live 12. I know that NI has disontinued support for mk1… does that mean it's just a paperweight for Live 12 beyond the basic keyboard midi functionality?

Even in Live 11 I could only get it half working though, and I thought that at least was supposed to be supported?

I'm on Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6, the last ver before mk1 support stopped. Firmware is latest (actually shows higher number than latest and says theres no update). When I installed the midi scripts in Live 11, Ableton's MIDI settings still did not show the mk1 as a controller I could select, only mk2, mk3, Kontrol A, and Kontrol49. It auto selects mk2 and the keyboard keys work but that's it as far as host integration goes.

Has anyone gotten this working, even partially? Am I just out of luck? This is so disappointing. I'm willing to go back to Live 11 if I have to, but it seems like even there it doesn't work? I have looked at all of NI's guides, the mk1 manual, and searched Reddit.

Best Answer

Answers