October 2024 – a community update from our Chief Product Officer

Comments

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

You will have to prove that Kontakt is a better surface for what is now possible with Battery. So far it's not.
    Besides, you already dumbed down Battery big time when going from version 3 to version 4, did nothing to improve the situation at all for 10+ years and are now telling me all will be golden with Kontakt. You really want me to believe that?

• DJ KEVI D
    DJ KEVI D Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 9

Hi

Can you guys fix the remote script for live 12.1. The Machine hardware won't work without a updated script. Thank you

[Reference - inserted by Moderator]

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,798 mod

I had the same thought - why not porting battery into kontakt, great idea

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,274 mod

This might suggest that testing revealed more work was needed.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 462 Pro

Will Maschine 3 be an free update for M+? Does that mean that M+ owners will also be able to get Maschine 3 desktop for free?

• Simon_NI
    Simon_NI Product Team Posts: 36 Product Team

@djadidai Maschine v3 software will be a paid update for all customers — but as mentioned above, you'll be able to buy the software on it's own if you don't want the content.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,274 mod

At the time we implemented the new Browser in KK3, it didn't have side by side capabilities.

The decision we made at the time was to move forward in a timely manner without, since Drag and Drop wasn't so widely used.

The Browser now has this capability - so things are looking close to coming back full circle.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 462 Pro

and it can be installed on the M+ also? Working with all my M2 libraries?

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited October 9
    • Again you do not provide info what instruments are currently released in the Komplete UI (suspect not so many) and it reveals that there is no plan to fix the issue.
    • You have not revealed what current instrument in the Komplete bundle will get a Komplete UI. I never said all - but come on, not any?

It will basically take another decade for Komplete bundles to fully support GUI scaling if you do not upgrade any of the current instruments.

As I said I have no plans to buy any NI Komplete bundle upgrades if I dont see improvements in this area. Suspect other customers will vote with their wallets too.

Guess it is time to start looking into competitor's products.

• Mizikboy
    Mizikboy Member Posts: 2 Member

What about people recently purchasing Komplete 15 and the new Komplete S series? Will they have to pay for Maschine and the latest content library, Maschine Central? Could you let us know if they have any special prices or upgrade possibilities?

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited October 9

LOL. Leap also lacks Maschine kit support - yet Battery open kits.

What I can tell Leap also lacks good Grid Player and MPE support - expected a new Battery to fill that gap. As a Push user I won't move to a new Maschine hardware this hardware life cycle. Was hoping for a new Battery though.

NI software life cycle management is frustrating.

If you stop supporting a beloved software by not giving it substantial updates you better make sure the new flashy one supports similar features. Another reason to start looking elsewhere. It sucks when NI starts to feel more like Adobe in music production - one mistake after another.

This discussion has been closed.