October 2024 – a community update from our Chief Product Officer

Comments

• keilyn3d
    keilyn3d Member Posts: 13 Member

Maschine Central contains Grand Piano?

• qzirrel
    qzirrel Member Posts: 15 Helper

Per scene tempo sounds great, but you're being very vague about the other improvements in Maschine.

Will Maschine finally support using polyphonic aftertouch from midi controllers like Hydrasynth?

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 129 Helper

beautiful!! I am looking forward to maschine 3, I hope the sampler will be able to automatically time and key detect!!! I just don't want to buy Serato sampler, or use the logic stock sampler, as I love to chop with my knobs instead of a mouse! that's all I hope for!

steam separation great!

mk3 keyboards and machine amazing!

all I need is the sampler improvements and the new or rather, the dear old stability that Maschine has been demonstrating lately!

I believe is a good season finale of the year!! nice!!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,605 mod
  • KrisG
    KrisG Member Posts: 9 Member

I have my maschine+ since 3 months ( with new NI logo ). Do i have to pay for the standalone upgrade? If so, if i dont pay for the upgrade, my maschine+ is outdated? No bug fixes?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,605 mod

Good to hear, Massive X definitely needs some attention

• Simon_NI
    Simon_NI Product Team Posts: 36 Product Team

@MLARS New instruments will be built in Komplete UI. We don't plan to go back and update every old instrument to Komplete UI — that would be a huge amount of work for little value. However, if we develop new versions of older instruments, they'll likely be migrated to Komplete UI.

• Simon_NI
    edited October 9

@SaschaFranck We plan to continue to ship maintenance updates for Reaktor and Battery.

The use case that Battery serves (an awesome surfaces for playing one-shots is something we feel we can do a better job of inside Kontakt — so that's where you'll see the innovation happening.

The Leap feature in Kontakt 8 is a good example of a modern interface for this kind of experience.

Battery is, actually, just Kontakt under the hood — but by building a better experience for loops and one-shots inside Kontakt, then we can have a more integrated experience, with less individual apps for people to manage — and its easier for us to keep everything up to date (a big theme of some of the criticism in this thread).

But as I say, we plan to ship compatibly updates to Battery such that you can keep using it if you want to. I'm using Battery on macOS Sequoia in my tracks right now and it's working great.

• Simon_NI
    edited October 9

@Vagus

You mentioned AI for idea and sound generation in the last update - can you tell us how that is coming along?

We made a version of the Kompanion sound-generation model available as a private alpha a while back:

https://kompanion.native-instruments.com/generate/

With generative AI products — where the range of outputs is literally limitless (unlike a regular instrument/product where there's edges to what sounds the product can make) — the only way to understand if it's any good is to give it to people, let them play with it, and listen to their feedback.

The feedback we've been getting from folks testing out the current Kompanion model is that while it can generate some interesting sounds, the "hit rate" (i.e. the chance you get an output you want to use in your tracks) is lower than we'd like. So we're going to keep iterating on the AI model to see if we can improve its usability.

In the meantime, we've been developing some other technology to generate synth presets based on text/audio input. With this approach, the AI model isn't actually generating the waveform, it's generating parameters that you can apply to a synth, and the synth engine then generates the sound.

This is looking like a very promising approach, and we hope to have more to share here publicly next year.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,089 mod
    edited October 9

We made a beta version of the Kompanion sound-generation model available as a private alpha a while back:

https://kompanion.native-instruments.com/generate/

??? , perhaps it needs an Ubuntu OS to run ?

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 304 Pro

A nice to have request for Traktor pro 4:

See the waveform in the browser and immediately see whether the track is suitable or not.

I play psytrance music and try to avoid songs with too many or too long breaks.

I cannot judge whether this function is used for other music or other people, but it would give me a lot of information at a glance.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 445 Guru
    edited October 9

So I'm going to ask a difficult question @Simon_NI

You want to wait to see how people react to the side browser in Kontakt 8 before maybe implementing it in KK. The screenshot on the first post is of Maschine 3.0, with a side browser, and the code base of Maschine and KK are going to be very similar with this upcoming update.

Why would Kontrol have to see how it's recieved in Kontakt 8, while Maschine just gets is straight away?

That's either a resource decision, or a design decision. It can't be because Maschine users are used to that view, because every single KK user was used to that view until it was changed with 3.0.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't see the logic here unless it's a resource decision.

This discussion has been closed.