Maschine Plus 1.4 update is out now!

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 996 Guru

PDF manual for Maschine software is still for version 2.8

Can we have an update please?

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper

Does this M+ 1.4 update include latest firmware update which was intended to fix midi-in stability? Or its required to install that FW update even after updating M+ to 1.4?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    edited May 2022

Firmware update and Maschine Plus software update are two separate things. If you wish to do the firmware update you have all instructions and links on page 3 of this thread.

• Jeremy_NI

Sorry, forgot to tag you. The Maschine downloadable manual should be updated soon.

• Leibregime
    Leibregime Member Posts: 4 Member
  • djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

why did 2.15.2 come? What’s new/fixed ?

• Jeremy_NI
  • Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper
    edited May 2022

Thanks for clarification. In fact i'm asking just to be sure because it was announced several months ago that next major update will also contain this specific FW update for midi-in. But its not a major issue if it doesnt, it can be installed separately.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Anyone else that's using an audio interface noticing it dropping out periodically? If I have the sequencer running, I just completely lose my interface every few minutes (ironically; about the same amount of time it used to last before it started glitching out before). Previously; only the inputs into maschine would glitch out. Now it just seems like maschine has lost my interface.

Really interesting; the tempo of maschine seems to change when the interface is 'dropped'. Midi sync is off. Midi going to a keyboard from maschine. Audio being monitored via my interface. All audio from maschine is gone, but audio from my other stuff is still there - just much slower than my actual tempo. Turn the knob and maschine is back to normal. If I just unplug the interface; the tempo thing doesn't happen and the interface option is gone from the menu - so I don't think it's literally losing the interface..

Midi interface, audio interface, USB stick, etc. all plugged into a hub and the hub is plugged into maschine. When this occurs; the usb stick is still accessible, midi out still works; but midi in stops working. It's very strange.

I don't lose the interface if not running the sequencer - or - if I do; it comes back on it's own pretty quickly.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

USB hubs can be quite evil for usage in music production and responsible for strange things. Maybe Elektron OverHub or something that supports Multi TT is an alternative. It's a search try search try game.

• Tscheggo
    Tscheggo Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2022
  • olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro
    edited May 2022

Interesting. Can you check what happens if you manually "toggle" the audio setting (ie do the workaround that was suggested before this update when having issues with audio).

I suspect that the "fix" might be that they regularly reset/resync all audio stuff in the background, which might explain the periodic dropouts on external audio interfaces...

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru
    edited May 2022

I recommend getting rid of the USB hub and testing without a hub. If everything works fine without the hub, you have found your culprit.

Especially unpowered USB hubs can be a hit and miss with this sort of gear.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Same issue if I remove everything else and connecting the audio interface through the hub or directly into maschine; though it doesn't seem to occur nearly as quickly - then again; it does seem random. If I plug my midi interface directly to maschine... all hell breaks lose.

I made a thread regarding my midi interface over on the old forum. I bought the both my audio and midi interface at the same time. M+ was super unstable with the midi interface. Connecting it to a hub 'fixed' that issue - or so I thought.

I did some more testing with the issue of midi slowing down. Enabled clock send on maschine. I'm sequencing my MODX (through the midi interface). I have this 120bpm house beat going. The MODX shows 120bpm since it's in sync. When this glitch occurs; all audio to/from maschine drops out until I 'twiddle the knob', but I still hear the MODX because I'm monitoring through the interface (i.e. it's still passing audio; just not in/out of maschine). Maschine still shows 120bpm, but the bpm shown on the MODX drops to 100. lol. If I increase the tempo on maschine to 145, the MODX shows 120. If I drop it to 94, the MODX shows 80. Unplug the audio interface and it midi tempo is back in sync. Super weird.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Might be that you've created a MIDI loop inadvertently. Check all MIDI / MIDI via USB settings and MIDI channels. Could be that using a USB hub you had interrupted that MIDI loop but not the root cause.

This discussion has been closed.