Is it possible that Native Instrument will release a full DAW in the near future?

Eonmutm1998
Eonmutm1998 Member Posts: 7 Member

Helo, NativeInstrument, I am a big fan of your products. I own Maschine MK3, as well as many of your plug-ins and sounds. I think you should launch a real DAW software, not just for Maschine, but a real DAW. This is not just my wish. There are countless musicians around the world who have the same expectation as me. They are more or less using your software or hardware. If there is a complete host to give them a one-stop experience, I believe it will be a huge success. If you make a complete DAW that can be fully controlled by Maschine and your MIDI keyboard (like the combination of Ableton Push and Live), and this DAW can be as smooth as Ableton or Logic in arranging, mixing, and recording, I will not hesitate to sell my newly bought Ableton Push3 and the Arturia MIDI keyboard I have used for a year, uninstall all other DAWs on my computer, and then I will buy all your hardware, as well as all the NI plug-ins I will use. If that day really comes, I can't imagine how excited I will be.

Tagged:

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

I think you and Native Instruments need to watch this first:

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 525 Pro
    edited July 30

@PK The DJ Do you know MuLab? It's a one man show. Do you know Reaper? It's a 1 to 3 man show.

And, frankly, I don't know how much point there is in posting the same "Why you shouldn't do this or that" Youtube video the whole time. Native Instruments know a whole lot more than Youtube about developing and designing audio software.

I very much support the idea of developing a DAW, by the way. And, I also think it would fit NI's portfolio, as they developed multiple applications which support their plugin or sound eco system by now (Komplete Kontrol, Reaktor, Kontakt, Maschine etc. etc.). ESPECIALLY when they keep the DAW rather streamlined and simple, unlike the feature monsters which call themselves "DAW" these days.

• Eonmutm1998

@PK The DJ I think this video is more about telling individuals or small companies not to waste time making a DAW. NI is a company with a huge user base. This is not the same thing at all. I also don't see the logical connection between this video and the question I asked. Moreover, I believe that NI has made so many versatile and different plug-ins, plus they have the foundation for making Maschine2 software. Regarding the cost or technical issues of making a DAW, NI should know more than any youtube video.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

Guys, don't take it so seriously.

😁

• Skijumptoes
    Skijumptoes Member Posts: 57 Helper

I've always considered Maschine to be a DAW.

• chk071
  • chk071
    edited July 30

It kind of is, but, you need hardware, and it's pretty focused (obviously) on its library as well.

That said, I only know it from watching videos, so, my overview of it is pretty limited.

I guess what I'm rather looking for is a traditional DAW, with an easier and more focused and streamlined approach. IMO, most DAW way too much try to be feature monsters which do everything. I don't blame the DAW developers, their customers simply ask for them to do everything, when they could just switch to another DAW, if they want to do something else. For example, It completely confuses me that everyone ask every DAW to have a clip launcher. Hello? If you want something like that, use Ableton, it was designed for that workflow. It even has a dedicated controller for that purpose.

I think people forgot that there are tools for specific purposes. A hammer is a hammer, a saw is a saw, and a knife is a knife. No one needs a hammersawknife, or, in German, the eierlegende Wollmilchsau.

Yes, a DAW is more like a toolset, but, still you wouldn't bring a whole workshop to a construction site.

• Eonmutm1998

For a long time, half of my music production process was spent on Maschine hardware and Maschine2 software, but for me it is just a tool, which can only be said to have the basic functions of a DAW, allowing you to make beats. It is difficult to say that it is a DAW. For me, a DAW should be able to do more meticulous work, such as detailed processing of audio and midi, convenient arrangement functions, complete mixer, convenient recording functions, etc. It is indeed difficult to do so. So I always need to complete creative work and other primary work on Maschine, such as making some loops, modulating some sounds and playing and recording them, but this is still far from making finished music. I always have to export these sounds I made on Maschine into audio, and then import them into Ableton Live to complete more work. Believe me, this process is more discouraging than it sounds, not to mention that there are many other inconveniences in switching between different software to complete the same song. This is why I really look forward to NI releasing a software that can truly be called a complete DAW.

This discussion has been closed.