X1MK3: Browser View And Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

I'll get on it a.s.a. i find the time. My last week has been hectic. :)

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    edited July 21

Update.. Minimal mod v3 works perfectly with Traktor 4 as it did in Traktor 3, thankfully nothing has changed and works as it should.

Quick question now that we have stems would the disabled mixer page now perhaps be modded to work with stems? Or would it have to be midi mapped and overwrite one of the effects page ?

Trying To figure out a way to add stemsbcontrol to the x1mk3 but not loose the way it works now or use midi mode.

Was Thinking perhaps the disabled mixer page could be modded to work with stems perhaps.

• Sûlherokhh

NI only adjusted two code sections for the X1, which are not vital for the mod but are easily added.

• dariodelima

Good to know, I was worried it would have effected the mods. What about stems. As I asked in the previous post. Would it be possible to mod the disabled mixer section for stems or would it rather be needed to map it ?

• Sûlherokhh

NI put in a cumbersome way to change the numbers pads to mute buttons (without using the mod). I thought it might be a good idea instead to have a stems mode as a fourth mode (2 FX modes, 1 mixer mode), knobs for stem/remix slot filter, buttons for stem/remix mute function.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited July 22

Update TP4_V1:

New and updated features:

• CDJ-Style Blinke: Should be working now even when switching decks.
    • Numbered Buttons: Can now be set to stem mute buttons as NI envisioned in Preferences→X1-page. I am going to replace this with an additional mode using the knobs and buttons of the FX section at a later date.
    • Browse Encoder (Push): In Browser Mode, short Tap (release immediately) will load with the primary load type, long Tap (release after holding for 1 second) will load with the secondary load type (instead of double-tap).

If anyone can upload a zip file of the qml folder of a macOS installation of Traktor 4 (looking at you @Didier Malenfant) i will apply the changes and upload it as well. Until then i will wait before updating post#1 of this thread.

Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

🦋

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member

I would love to control my stems with the m1mk3 ….. if you need a tester let me know

• dariodelima

Do you mean the x1mk3 original qml files in Traktor Pro 4, if so I could upload them for you. When you do get round to making an extra page mode for stems, could you also add it to the minimal mod version, would need to be a extra mode page as do not want to loose any of the functions that are currently on the minimal mod though. I would gladly test and give feedback on that.

• Sûlherokhh

What i need is the whole qml folder with all original files and subfolders, just to be sure. Of course i will do a Minimal version as well, all in due time… :)

• dariodelima
    edited July 23

Perfect..

Ok i sent the qml file with everything in it. Let me know if its correct or you need anything else.

Traktor 4 OSX Sonoma Macbook Pro M1

• Sûlherokhh

Thanks. First glance it looks exactly like the windows files. I'll run a comparison file by file when i start up my editor for my next updates. :)

• bobbyduracel
    bobbyduracel Member Posts: 37 Member

If I missed this while scanning all of the posts I apologize.

I had a thought this week and wondered if anyone has a suggestion. I have the pair of X1 mk3s for portability. While I do love four deck functionality, often what would be better is a simple “two X1s, two full decks” layout.

I mean that i would love the ability to have the two X1s placed together, or in between a 2ch mixer… and the inner rows could control mixer parameters while the outer rows control effects… So on either unit, instead of choosing A-B or deck, A-C, C-A or two rows of effects modules, you could split it in half.

Left X1 is deck A and Effects unit 1, right X1 is deck B and effects unit 2. What do you all think?

• Sûlherokhh

It's possible, but it's complicated. I see how complicated when i add in a mode for stem controls (FX section). I'll see how difficult it would be to add another mode with split controls.

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 26

I really hope NI add a STEM selection ….

Testing now your mod ! Working fine with MacOS no problems at all!

Cant wait if you add the Knob selection in your mod as described here:

Numbered Buttons: Can now be set to stem mute buttons as NI envisioned in Preferences→X1-page. I am going to replace this with an additional mode using the knobs and buttons of the FX section at a later date

Also is there any option yet to enable "FX send" to a stem with the x1mk3 yet ?

• Sûlherokhh

Also is there any option yet to enable "FX send" to a stem with the x1mk3 yet ?

How about SHIFT+FX vertical round buttons? Without SHIFT they will be mute buttons.