RX11 Support

Guido
Guido Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hey all, I'm assuming this forum now also includes Izotope topics?

if yes then,

Can anyone tell me if RX11 is included here also?

My Issues:

-The step process at Izotope for company support doesn't include RX11 (only up to RX10) and that's possibly why I'm getting no response from my support tickets

-I can not find any guides or support to the third party plugin option (ie within RX11 there is an option to load a third party plugin via the menu/modules/plugins/ option.

Any advice on the latter but fundamentally also where is support for RX11 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,079 Expert

This is the NI forum and does not have a "dedicated" Izotope section - but many of us use iZotope products and help where and when we can.

As far as RX goes - 11 IS the latest version and the only version that I believe gets active support now.

To my knowledge - Izotope continues to maintain their own tech support vectors and you should be able to contact them as required.

What exactly is happening - maybe someone in here can help?

VP

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,159 mod
    edited July 17

-I can not find any guides or support to the third party plugin option
    (ie within RX11 there is an option to load a third party plugin via the menu/modules/plugins/ option.

Sorry , but you do not mention in anyway at all what is the issue that you have or what you want to know. So you probably know it all already but I will post the screenshots anyway.

Also then iZotope has a 'Learn' section of which the one for RX is here , there appear as being several pages but alas no topic filter.

Finally then iZotope got dedicated RX support which is here iZotope RX support , that doesn't explain why you have received no response to you already made query unless you expect a rapid response where the response time may be up to a week (you ought to receive a confirmation email after opening a ticket).

I have already tagged your post with customer care to improve general customer experience.

I am very far from being a RX 11 expert , more a novice really but just respond with a quote or tag me then I will see if I can be of further assistance to you if you are more specific to as what is your issues with RX 11

P.S.

Also check the section on Plug-in hosting in the manual. (Ref. : iZotope Product Manuals & Documentation ) , Quote : On Windows, RX supports VST3 and VST2 plug-ins. On Intel-based macs and Apple silicon-based macs running RX with Rosetta, RX supports AU, VST3, and VST2 plug-ins. For macs running RX natively on Apple silicon, AU and VST3 are supported. VST2 is not supported when RX is running natively on Apple silicon.

• Guido

Thank you @PoorFellow

My issue is I can't get the plugins feature to work. Thank you for the illustrations but I think Ive covered this all already. So,

1. preferences/plugins - Ive scanned my AU plugins (I'm on MacOS 14)
    2. Ive gone to menu/modules/plugins/ and chosen a plugin
    3. I click the plugin option under utilities on the right hand side but the plugin window doesn't pop up.

I'm getting the feeling this isn't me but a bug.

• Guido

Thank you @Vocalpoint

yes, what's strange with the Isotope support is that it doesn't support RX11, it only goes up to RX10 with their form you need to fill in to gain support. But irrespective of this I know I'm on the NI website (I've been an NI customer for 10+ years btw :) but I'm here because this was one of the few locations I found with active Isotope discussions so since NI now owns Isotope I thought it might be a better place to solve my issue (please see above).

I'm thinking this is actually a bug so I'll just need to wait for an update.

Thanks for your reply :)

• Vocalpoint

I tested this in RX10 Advanced here but I am on Windows and everything works normally. Not a Mac guy so this is one for support to look into.

Also - do not assume that iZoTope has any idea what is going with their website in terms of product selection when trying to select a product (like not seeing RX11 in the "product" dropdown etc).

Their website is rife with outdated content, bizarre "loyalty" offers for customers (usually MORE expensive than anywhere else) , weird display elements and other oddball bits and pieces due to a lack of general routine maintenance.

It does not surprise me that the latest products are not part of a support ticket process. This usually takes months to get resolved.

VP

• PoorFellow

I click the plugin option under utilities on the right hand side but the plugin window doesn't pop up.

I'm getting the feeling this isn't me but a bug.

You might be right that this might be a bug.

But still I might as well just ask the usual must ask , Did you do the must do Mac thing ? : ALL NI (and in this case iZotope) apps including NTKDaemon must have full disk access. : How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS and disks must be of correct format : Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

Else , also sometimes it has been seen that if a Mac user run something in Rosetta one time even if app should run natively then that might help the app behave. Or you could also try see if it generally helps running RX 11 under Rosetta ?

Also , what version of MacOS 14 are you using ?

• Guido

I don’t understand the Rosetta idea, I can’t revert from 14.1 back to Rosetta.

I’ve checked the feature in an older version of RX I still have and the plugin feature works fine so I’ll have to accept it’s a bug for now.

Thanks for your time and help. I do appreciate it.

• PoorFellow

I don’t understand the Rosetta idea, I can’t revert from 14.1 back to Rosetta.

Sorry , I don't have a Mac so I don't know any limitations with respect to Rosetta and Mac OS. Are you using 14.1 ? I thought that Mac OS were updated more times since then ?

• Vocalpoint

Ideally - you should be on 14.5 of Sonoma.

I believe RX11 came out after those first few shaky Sonoma releases.

VP

This discussion has been closed.