Native Access not loading- requires "permission to install dependencies" How do I do this?

TomTomTokamak
TomTomTokamak Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Native Access

Hi there,
I have upgraded to Komplete Collectors and now Native Access does not work!
I followed the below solution (twice) and can report it does not solve the issue. 
https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/13712583860125-Native-Access-Error-Please-grant-permission-to-Native-Access-to-install-dependencies

I noticed a couple of things going through the process:

1. There is no native instruments.plist in
    Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.Native Instruments.plist
  2. there is no installer in the application folder when opening package contents

It seems like a really common issue, there's lots of questions kinin about it . Unfortunately the provided solution does not work for me :/

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Mert_NI
    Mert_NI Customer Care Posts: 501 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello TomTomTokamak,

Can you please uninstall the previous Native Access from your computer and reinstall it using this link: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/ and let me know if it helped to solve the issue or not, so I can help you further with this case☺️

• TomTomTokamak

Hi Mert!

thanks for getting back to me. By uninstall do you mean just delete and replace? I couldnt find an uninstaller so I already did this method and unfortunately it didn't work. Ill try again anyway to be sure and update here.

• TomTomTokamak

yep didn't work- same problem.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbqkz1ew0sc01o5/Native%20Access.mov?dl=0

• ZDPhoenix
    ZDPhoenix Member Posts: 14 Member

Believe it or not, this has been a problem for literal years, that sadly they just spam base tech solutions till something sticks. The severe lack of QA sadly wasn't an option to request a refund of K14 Collectors.

I had this issue from Black Friday 2022 all the way to April 2023 on Windows, then again with an M2 Mac Mini.

Here's a paste of what worked for me on Windows, maybe it can help you on Mac?

This is what I wrote down in 2022 and saved to the bottom of my Maschine Studio, the last time I got Native Access to work from this apparently recurring issue.

1. Run Revo Uninstaller or BC Uninstaller to uninstall everything related to NA/NI and clean registry.- (Yes, I had to. Yes, that was the only way it worked for me.)
    2. Restart.
    3. Ensure nothing remains of NI/NA, including NTK Daemon that checks notes "totally has never been the problem, ever ever ;) ". This took me 2 checks.
    4. Install the most recent NA.
    5. Check each instrument one by one. Do not trust their install process to work.
    6. If an Instrument or Effect bugs out NA, repeat 1-3 specifically for that instrument.
    7. If that doesn't solve the issue, skip that instrument/effect.

If you find it's a specific instrument/effect that creates the dependencies loop, report it.

If something new works for you, PLEASE post it here. Since their support goes around in circles, outside of private support, we could use all the possible solutions here in the forum.

• TomTomTokamak

Hi ZDPhoenix,

Thanks so much for your post and sorry to hear you have had the same issue.
    I dont have Revo uninstaller but have tried using something similar for Mac to uninstall Native Access (cleanmymac). It didn't work.

Native Access has been a bit problematic since I started using it, but this particular bug happened as soon as I bought the Collectors edition of Komplete- which is a huge pain as I bought it specifically for a project I am working on. I wonder of there is a connection but I cant see why.

I really don't want to have to uninstall everything NI related and start again in the hope it all works- that would have to be a last resort and I would be very disappointed if that was the only way to solve the issue.

I hope NI support have a solution soon and will make sure to report back here if I find a fix.

• Mert_NI
    Answer ✓

Hello again TomTomTokamak, no you will not need to uninstall all of the products one by one but I was referring of uninstalling the Native Access and re-install it in general.

Also, can you please check this Knowledge Base Article:

Native Access Freezes on “Installing Dependencies“ at Startup

Please let me know about the results afterwards☺️

• TomTomTokamak

Hi Mert,

Good to know I won't need to reinstall my entire library.
    I tried the solution in the link. It didn't work- I tried a fresh install of NA and tried again but still didn't work.

I tried both with terminal running in the bg and with it terminated. Still no joy

• Mert_NI

Hello again Tom, sorry for continuing issue.

I created a support ticket for you and send you an email to request a support tool, please answer that email so our team can help you to solve this issue as soon as possible☺️

• TomTomTokamak

Thanks,

Am in contact w support- unfortuantaley they are asking me to the exact same things as the support page multiple times but with an additional 1-2 days delay in emails……

:( Super unhappy at how much time this is taking to fix

• TomTomTokamak

OK I have an update!

I went through the process so many times and nearly gave up- but tried once more with the helper stage included and NA actually opened today!

However now its failing downloads of everything… (I have storage space- it wouldn't even dl a 15mb file)..

Anyway I followed the process outlined on the support page again, reinstalled the NTK Daemon and then added this step (thanks to Cliona at NI)

Restart Native Access Helper
    • Open Terminal from: Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app
    • Copy the following command line, paste it into Terminal and hit Enter:
      sudo launchctl enable system/com.native-instruments.NativeAccess.Helper2
    • Enter your macOS password when prompted.

Start Native Access.

Now I have to work out why downloads are failing….

This discussion has been closed.