How to install irish harps

Martin555
Martin555 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited 9:23AM in Native Access

Irish harps appears in my products list with its serial number but does not appear in my native access library so I cannot download it, also there is no way to contact NI is there other than the ****** AI.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Martin555
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the comprehensive response, your advice is similar to the response I got from NI Franky @ NI Product Support (Native Instruments)

Jul 10, 2024, 10:35 GMT+2 Hello Martin, thank you for contacting Native Instruments.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some difficulties. 

If registered products are missing from NA, please quit NA and head to: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Find and delete the "Native Access.xml" file, then start NA once more. 

Does the issue persist?

Should you have any additional concerns you wish me to address do not hesitate bringing them to my attention, if there's anything else we can do to help just let us know.

Best regards,
    Franky @ NI Product Support

I just followed this advice and voila all the missing instruments are now showing, thank you and everyone who replied, happy now.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru

After purchase and receiving the authorization from NI it should just show up in your Available tab with an Install button. Press that button and let go through the install process and then it will show up in your library.

• Martin555

I put the serial numbers into native access and it stated that I can now download from library and if I am unable to do so I should locate the installer of the product first, I have no idea where I should look to locate the installer, I looked in downloads.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert

What OS are you running. Which version of Kontakt. And - which version of Native Access.

Irish Harp will require a much later version of Kontakt. Maybe 7.6.1 or even v7.7

VP

• Martin555

Windows 10, Native access 3.12.1 and kontakt is 6.8 but I am just trying download irish harp, glaze and hybrid keys which again I put the serial numbers into native access but they do not show up in the library.

• Martin555

Windows 10, Native access 3.12.1 and kontakt is 6.8 but I am just trying download irish harp, glaze and hybrid keys which again I put the serial numbers into native access but they do not show up in the library.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru

This is where things get confusing. You should have received a receipt from Native Instruments in your email that specifies you will not receive any serial number because it's no longer needed in your version of Native Access. When you run Native Access it logs you into your account and the product shows up as Available and you just select install and it does the rest. The only time you ever enter a serial number is if the product was acquired from a different vendor.

It's pretty much impossible to give you any guidance without knowing what you did in your Native Access configuration. Your best bet is getting in touch with Native Instruments support.

• Mistertoad17
    Mistertoad17 Member Posts: 14 Member

I have noticed on a couple of recent(ish) purchases that I couldn't get purchases to show up in the usual way. In my case I needed to completely quit Native Access. When I say quit, I don't mean just via menu quitting but that I needed to end the process itself.

The issue above was on Windows but I use a Mac. My answer below assumes that maybe there are similarities in the reason for the issue in the first place.

So that said, on my iMac I had to use the Activity monitor (which is found in the Utilities folder in turn located inside the Applications folder if any users are on Mac) but I guess there is something similar for ending processes in Windows too.

I did all of this because I had noticed that simply quitting and restarting didn't reset NA. The NA process was appearing in red inside the Activity Monitor meaning it was hanging.

Unit I did this I couldn't get NA to show any purchases I had just made. This happened to me on Three different purchases.

In case it is important I will add that the purchasing and adding of the serial numbers went entirely as expected. I purchase a lot from NI and so I am very familiar with what is normal and what isn't. Nothing looked different at all to me and I don't know why I had to kill the process but that is what I had to do.

On one other occasion shutting the computer down had to happen before it would let me see them.

All of my most recent purchases have been absolutely fine and NA does seem to be behaving now.

Incidentally, before anyone wonders I did refresh NA, and in my case used CleanmyMac to clear caches, sort permissions (a Mac thing) and all the other stuff CleanmyMac does. Nothing worked except killing the NA process.

Personally I blame Global warming and the rise of micro-plastics in the food chain. There's probably a more mundane technical reason for this palaver but that was my experience (note I said palaver and not pullover which I really really, really wanted to use instead 😀)

Hope this experience helps someone.

Ade

• Martin555
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the comprehensive response, your advice is similar to the response I got from NI Franky @ NI Product Support (Native Instruments)

Jul 10, 2024, 10:35 GMT+2 Hello Martin, thank you for contacting Native Instruments.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some difficulties. 

If registered products are missing from NA, please quit NA and head to: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Find and delete the "Native Access.xml" file, then start NA once more. 

Does the issue persist?

Should you have any additional concerns you wish me to address do not hesitate bringing them to my attention, if there's anything else we can do to help just let us know.

Best regards,
    Franky @ NI Product Support

I just followed this advice and voila all the missing instruments are now showing, thank you and everyone who replied, happy now.

This discussion has been closed.